TradeOps Analyst at Hudson River Trading
The Trade Operations (TradeOps) team is responsible for managing HRT’s live trading environment. We help HRT create and maintain the most robust and efficient trading platform in the world. This includes configuring, monitoring, and optimizing the firm’s trading as well as handling risk, regulatory, and development tasks. The Trade Operations team focuses on automating common tasks and preparing for the unexpected. Project areas include: market access, monitoring and compliance, algo/strategy evaluation and management, performance tuning, and automation.
Being a member of Trade Operations at HRT means working on a tight-knit, highly productive team. We're looking for someone who loves technology and wants to work on a broad range of projects using whatever tool(s) best solve the problem at hand. Excellent communication is a must, along with a can-do attitude.
In a high performance environment, immediate awareness of and reaction to systems and trading issues is essential. That’s where HRT’s TradeOps Analysts come in. You’ll be responsible for managing new initiatives and ensuring a smooth trading day. You will be the first line of defense when the inevitable happens, and the subject matter expert on recent changes to the production trading platform.
Responsibilities include handling order flow from HRT’s trading desks, responding to external market alerts and outages, and interfacing with exchanges & other external parties to support trading.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (CS, Physics, Math, Finance, Chemistry, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Linux systems
- Excellent communication skills and enjoy interfacing with clients, internal and external
- Experience with a scripting language (Python, Perl, Bash)
- You are an automation geek. You do not do the same task twice, manually
- You really like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do
- You are skeptical by nature and have a high attention to detail
- You are excited to work independently in a very fast-paced, high pressure environment
Beneficial skills / experience
- Understanding of on-exchange, as well as off-exchange / OTC products
- Working knowledge of the FIX protocol
- Past experience supporting a trading system
- Series 7/57 certification is a plus
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.