Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for a Variant Scientist who will work with our computational biology team on reports for clinical and research use.
- Summarize somatic and inherited genetic test results and generate customized result reports
- Utilize a variety of in-house software tools to research and write reports
- Perform critical quality control functions for laboratory workflow and clinical reports
- Perform research on genes and novel sequence variants to determine clinical relevance
- Assist in variant classification based on emerging scientific information
- Participate in research and development of new gene panels and tests, and updates to existing tests
- PhD in Cancer Genetics, Human Genetics or Biological Sciences
- Experience coding in a scripting language, preferably Python or R
- Prior experience in a diagnostic laboratory, clinical report writing, and familiarity with human mutation databases, genome browsers, and HGVS nomenclature
- Oncology experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated attention to detail, excellent communication and writing skills