Variant Scientist at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
- Summarize somatic and inherited genetic test results and generate customized result reports
- Utilize a variety of in-house software tools to research and write reports
- Perform critical quality control functions for laboratory workflow and clinical reports
- Perform research on genes and novel sequence variants to determine clinical relevance
- Assist in variant classification based on emerging scientific information
- Participate in research and development of new gene panels and tests, and updates to existing tests
- PhD in Cancer Genetics, Human Genetics or Biological Sciences
- Experience coding in a scripting language, preferably Python or R
- Prior experience in a diagnostic laboratory, clinical report writing, and familiarity with human mutation databases, genome browsers, and HGVS nomenclature
- Oncology experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated attention to detail, excellent communication and writing skills