Vice President, Analytics (Analytical Platforms) at Epsilon (Chicago, IL)
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon is a data-driven company that delivers business value to our clients through analytically based products. A foundational element of our analytically based products is its Analytical Platform. The Analytical Platform consists of four key capability areas: Data, Attribution, Measurement and Insights. These capability areas make use of client 1st party data, acquired 3rd party data and marketing exposure data to support transparent performance measurement, program optimization, reporting and strategic insights.
As the Vice President of Analytical Platforms, you’ll serve as a subject matter expert in the capability areas of the Analytical Platform. Leveraging your in depth understanding of Epsilon’s data assets, broad-based knowledge of measurement and attribution, and familiarity with insights and visualization tools, you’ll allocate a significant portion of your time designing analytical platform capabilities to support Epsilon’s products. The platform design is continually evolving through the development and maintenance of a platform roadmap, the requirements for which have been gathered by synthesizing identified user needs, competitive offerings, product evolution, and technical innovation.
- Will have ownership for defining methodologies and tools to support analytical needs of Epsilon’s products
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Product Management as it relates to utilization of the Analytical Platform within products
- Balances the prioritization of the Analytics team’s backlog against short term business needs and the long-term Analytics Platform mission
- Understands how Analytical Platform capabilities deliver value to stakeholders (e.g., internal clients, external clients, company) and seeks to continuously improve upon value delivered
- Able to translate analytical capability needs into technical requirements while considering constraints due to data availability, legal/privacy, and system processing
- Steer the successful rollout and adoption of developed platform capabilities by training internal teams on the appropriate use of the methods and tools in their day to day work
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or related discipline preferred
- 15 years of experience in marketing or business analytics
- 10+ years of proven progressive leadership experience in a creative service-related industry
- 10+ years managing direct reports
- 10+ years of experience in customer-facing analysis of advertising or similar marketing data
- 10+ years of experience in communicating sophisticated analytical concepts to clients and/or internal or external stakeholders
- Expertise in marketing measurement approaches including test/control (randomized control trials), experimental design, marketing mix
- Familiarity with rule-based and model-based attribution methodologies
- Prior experience doing hands-on analytical work solving real world business problems
- Prior experience in a software or product development setting
- Knowledge of the digital ecosystem and the analytical solutions commonly used in it
- Leader of high-performing teams
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of MarTech and AdTech competitive landscape
- Experience using digital measurement and reporting tools like Google DCM, Google Analytics, Adobe etc.
- Understanding of predictive modeling techniques
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.