At VillageMD, we're looking for a VP, Data Platform to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As VP, Data Platform, you will be the senior data architect at VillageMD focused on the strategy and execution for an easily accessible yet highly secure and performant data platform. You will be accountable for end-to-end data architecture, governance, and data operational excellence. As part of this, you will curate and drive the strategy for a best-in-class data platform that includes relational, schema-less, and graph-based models, as well as API’s that are leveraged for both internal and external usage.
You will be stepping into an established environment and embody the duality of both our patient and physician-first culture and pragmatic yet agile delivery mentality as we embark to change healthcare for the better, every day.
As a hands-on practitioner, you will scale a strong, cloud-native data foundation that focuses on data breadth and depth that drives patient experience and clinical care delivery. You will optimize this platform that connects personas to context-rich personalized data through rules-engines, mobile interfaces, B2B apps, EHR’s, AI chatbots, etc.
How you can make a difference
- Drive the data architecture strategy to ensure maximum clinical and patient value are realized through the organizing and operating new and existing data sources
- Curate and scale platform-wide data models to create a longitudinal view of clinical, financial, and consumer data that is made available to apps, data stores, users, and UI’s of all types
- Own data governance, integrity and security through collaboratively engaging stakeholders to ensure personas and new use cases are woven into the fabric of data models and data accessibility
- Leverage data operations automation and pattern recognition in data inconsistencies from 3rd party data sources to inform end-to-end data arch road mapping
- Analyze stored procedures and system and user queries to understand data storage and access needs and continually optimize the architecture based on apps (lots of them!) and user demands
Skills for success
- A passion for having an industry-level impact to reduce the total cost of care for patients through the use of a best in class data platform and architecture
- An ability to strategically plan and design based on a wide range of persona and use case needs (Commercial, Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, etc. patients) withing a rapidly evolving environment
- Be an evangelist and purveyor of underlying data models and accessibility parameters for engineers, data science, analytics, and system and app consumers
- Have the ultimate team building, coaching, and cross-functional collaboration skills such that each consumer of data feels the power of the platform
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- 12+ years of leadership experience massively scaling data architecture capabilities
- Expert level development skills in SQL and at least one other database language (Cassandra, Columnar, OLAP) is required
- Experience in the healthcare industry is incredibly helpful
- Experience managing multi-tenant data models
- Experience using schema migration technologies (Alembic, Rails Migrations, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and data modelling (MSSQL and Postgres)
- Familiarity with alternative data storage technologies (S3, MongoDb, Redis, Neo4j)
- Experience various data modelling approaches (eg stars schema, Type 2, snapshots, schemaless)
- Experience with the warts of clinical and financial healthcare data will help (a lot)
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Data Modeling, or a related field (ideal)
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.