VP, Data Science – Enterprise Fraud, Collections and AML Modeling at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
This newly created position is responsible for providing thought leadership & strategic direction to solve business problems by leading team(s) using advanced analytics and machine learning (ML) to develop behavioral scorecard models. This leader manages a large team of high performing data scientists and/or managers and will be responsible for ensuring the team stays motivated and engaged, while coaching and developing them. This role will set strategic direction for the team on analytic initiatives as well as develop analytic core capability development that enables better decision making and nimble action.
- Provides thought leadership & strategic direction on model & analytical framework(s). Leads the development and implementation of advanced analytics including credit risk models, customer segmentation, optimization, and prescriptive analytics utilizing machine learning algorithms to solve business problems. Manage expectations and relations with regulators
- Motivate the teams to utilize best in class ML approach(es) areas such as Collections and/or Fraud consistent with model risk tiers
- Lead and represent Data Science efforts in cross functional teams spanning engineering, credit risk, marketing, compliance etc. Ensure final deliverable is in line with business needs, with a key focus on Operational Excellence
- Recruits, trains, coaches and develops talents to their full potential with exceptional quantitative/analytical competencies, as well as project management skill and leadership skills. Manages and sets priorities of analyst, assign projects and allocate resource, communicate business performance and project progress to management & business partners
- Effectively communicates key results and findings to senior management and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership
- 15+ years of experience in Data Science, Credit Risk, Fraud Risk, Marketing Analytics, Optimization, Operations Analytics, Modeling or a related field; 20+ years preferred
- 4+ years of people leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Analytics, or Engineering
- Master's degree in Statistics, Analytics, or Engineering preferred
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.