bswift, a leader in cloud-based technology and services for employee benefits and health exchanges, is currently seeking an 2D Character Animator. The person in this role will focus on puppet driven character animation, puppet rigging, as well as motion graphics and video editing, and help shape the overall creative vision of our products, and work with our creative leads and other creative department team members throughout the production process.
It’s no secret: benefits are complicated. Medical, Dental, 401(k)s, HSAs, HRAs, FSAs... Even the most savvy employees need an intricate spreadsheet to figure out which plans to pick. (And given how dry the material, most employees aren’t very benefits savvy.) That’s why bswift created Ask Emma, the decision support and education tool that helps employees get the most out of their employer-offered benefits. From videos to eGuides to interactive audio/visual experiences, Emma provides engaging, and dare we say entertaining, year-round support to our clients’ employees. And the creative team is responsible for making that content.
But who produces that content? Who weaves together the audio and visual elements to tell a compelling on-screen story that makes people smarter and happier at the same time? (Hint: we’re looking at you.)
So let’s talk about the job.
- Produce top-notch, premium, killer (can you think of other synonyms for “excellent”?) video content.
- Collaborate with the creative leads and other team members to create interesting, engaging characters, metaphors, and other cool, story-type stuff.
- Meet with clients, internal and external, to understand needs and share ideas.
- Work with the team throughout production to make sure the end product is the best it can be.
- Respond to user feedback, analytical data, and client feedback to improve the creative work in future iterations.
- Learn from your team, and help teach them as well.
- Consistently reflect our core values of higher standards, greater accountability, and more fun to bswift associates, clients, and partners.
(NOTE: While we don’t aim for it, sometimes night and weekend work comes up.)
- A focus on character animation and puppet driven character animation
- Character rigging experience and illustration skills a huge bonus
- A solid sense of timing and spacing
- Tech-friendly (You’ll need to be able to use After Effects, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, and Photoshop)
- Killer communication skills (That’s key for working as a group.)
- Ability to operate and make timely decisions in an ambiguous, fast-paced atmosphere
- Driven to take ownership of your work and bring it across the finish line
- Can take and give criticism like a champ
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to pivot as priorities change
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
The following experience is not required but is beneficial:
- Background in the health care and benefits admin industry
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.