Arity-Experience Design Lead (Remote - Home Based Worker) at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Made up of design leads, experience designers, content designers, design researchers, UI engineers, and visual designers, our Experience Designer Team works collaboratively across departments to capture the emotions and needs of our end users – which are reflected in all the ways they experience Arity and our products. Using a lean and agile approach, our XD team works across areas focused on driving data visualization, driving behavior analysis, urban planning, and shared mobility. They meet each project with deep empathy in order to craft useful and usable interface design solutions. Together, we design experiences that have real impact on the personal transportation industry and its future. Are you ready for the challenge?
The Experience Design Lead will focus on framing problems and providing innovative design solutions that meet user needs, while fulfilling key business objectives for a diverse range of products and experiences at Arity. The role will serve one of the key verticals at Arity, such as mobile app publishers, sharing economy, and insurance telematics. The candidate is comfortable working on concepts and early discovery work, as well as iterating on mature products while embedded within an agile/scrum product team. On their product team, they are constantly communicating and collaborating with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, and Marketing, as well as members of the Arity Experience Design team.
The XD team is responsible for applying knowledge of user-centered design methods, human-computer interaction and industry best practices to drive useful and usable interface design solutions.
- Lead design and remote design teams across multiple agile/scrum teams
- Use human-centered design approaches to frame problems, uncover patterns, discover opportunities, and visualize possibilities
- Understand and interpret brand, user, and business needs to develop innovative, creative, and results-oriented solutions
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and facilitate workshops to gather insights and solutions from stakeholders, customers, and users
- Help product team assess and prioritize opportunities, constraints, and features
- Create rapid iterations of designs that can be tested and validated quickly
- Conduct quick feedback loops through frequent and appropriate user research, testing, and metrics analysis
- Articulate your ideas clearly and effectively
- Partner with XD team specialists when appropriate for the product
- Find opportunities to educate and guide others on design best practices
- At least 10 years as an experience/product designer in highly collaborative environments designing full-service consumer or business applications (or equivalent work experience)
- Expert level proficiency in interaction design, information architecture, and at least one more UX disciplines: user research, visual design, or content strategy
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in design, computer science, information sciences, psychology, human factors, or human-computer interaction preferred
- Expert proficiency using design tools such as Figma, Sketch and InVision
- Expert proficiency with design systems, pattern libraries, and web development frameworks desired
- A solid portfolio that demonstrates how you think
- Experience leading teams in a remote environment. This includes strong written communication skills
- Experience leading multiple agile/scrum teams
- Arity Designers care about making transportation safer, smarter and more useful for everyone.
- We create collaboratively and think flexibly, partnering with product, engineering, data science, marketing, and each other.
- We are passionate about human-centered design. Arity trains & certifies our team in a set of design methods to create a common approach and shared vocabulary.
- Arity Designers handle and enjoy projects from huge initiatives to simple requests, and we always give our best to our work.
- We work within a variety of methodologies and processes, and help to improve upon them.
- We are organized and able to manage personal and project timetables.
- Arity Designers are engaging and effective communicators of ideas.
- We keep up-to-date in our respective fields by monitoring trends, attending workshops and conferences, joining professional groups, and sharing our craft and successes.
- We are curious about each other’s disciplines and have an opportunity to learn outside of our specialties.
- We inspire others with our enthusiasm and work ethic.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
The salary for this level position is $91,800 - $159,300. The salary offered is commensurate with experience.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment