Arity-Senior Design Researcher at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Made up of design leads, experience designers, content designers, design researchers, UI engineers, and visual designers, our Experience Designer Team works collaboratively across departments to capture the emotions and needs of our end users – which are reflected in all the ways they experience Arity and our products. Using a lean and agile approach, our XD team works across areas focused on driving data visualization, driving behavior analysis, urban planning, and shared mobility. They meet each project with deep empathy in order to craft useful and usable interface design solutions. Together, we design experiences that have real impact on the personal transportation industry and its future. Are you ready for the challenge?
The Design Research Sr Consultant II will execute a variety of UX research programs ranging from contextual inquiry, in-depth interviews to interface evaluations and usability testing. This position will either work independently on medium complex projects or work within a team on larger projects and contribute to the planning, recruiting, and execute portions of the research, analysis and reporting of the research activities. This role will also work in conjunction with other research disciplines.
- Creates methodology consistency across Arity by developing and implementing a scalable educational framework for the XD team and Arity
- Independently conducts studies that support broader research initiatives, as well as address research needs outside and within the product lifecycle
- Will work towards a holistic end-to-end customer perspective to influence stakeholders and cross-functional teams, while advocating for human-centered design
- Connect learnings from across the Arity ecosystem to ensure consistency and seamless, delightful experiences.
- Create journey maps, user personas, user scenarios and research objectives, aligned with project and business goals
- Independently plan, conduct and facilitate iterative evaluations of user-interface designs (usability testing, mock-up interviews, heuristic reviews, qualitative and quantitative measures)
- Assist in defining and refining UX research processes and promote the importance of such activities to ensure execution
- 3-5 years of relevant experience within a research function required.
- Ability to exhibit an understanding of all the activities involved in the Usability testing process
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing of usability tests
- Experience training peers and other team members in proper testing techniques
- Experience conducting heuristic reviews for moderate to complex applications
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to quickly build rapport and establish credibility, thrives in collaborative work
- Experience with Google Analytics, Web Trends, UserZoom, Morae and other usability and analytical software tools
- Four year degree, Master's desired, in Human Factors/Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental/Social Psychology, Cognitive Science or related field, or combined education and equivalent work experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment