Arity - Sr. Experience Designer
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Arity Experience Design (XD) team is a multi-disciplinary group that designs user interactions and experiences with devices, systems and services that provide a positive, engaging and productive experience. The team is made up of Design Leads, Experience Designers, Content Designers, Design Researchers, UI Engineers, and Visual Designers who work together to design delightful experiences. The XD team is responsible for applying knowledge of user-centered design methods, human-computer interaction and industry best practices to drive useful and usable interface design solutions.
The Experience Designer uses their user-centered design skills to help frame problems and provide innovative interaction design solutions that meet user needs while fulfilling key business objectives. They are comfortable working on concepting and early discovery work, as well as iterating on a mature product while embedded on a product team. On their product team, they are constantly communicating and collaborating with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists and Marketing. They also know when to partner with other members of the Experience Design Team who have complementary skills in specialties like visual design, content strategy, research and front-end coding. Their ultimate goal is to deliver value to end-users as quickly as possible and to help Arity make personal transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
- Propose and lead user-centered design approaches to product envisioning and development
- Partner with Design, Product, Engineering, Data Science and Marketing on project goals
- Partner with XD team specialist when appropriate for the product
- Make daily product design decisions with the product manager and developers
- Help product managers assess and prioritize opportunities, constraints and features
- Leverage data and user feedback to drive design decisions
- Create rapid iterations of design prototypes that can be tested and validated quickly
- Conduct frequent & appropriate user research, testing and metrics analysis
- Commit to quick feedback loops and keeping focused on outcomes over deliverables
- Keep up-to-date in the field by monitoring digital trends, attending workshops and joining professional groups
- Be an engaging and effective communicator of ideas
- Inspire others with your enthusiasm and work ethic
- Understand and interpret brand, user, and business needs and develop innovative, creative, and results-oriented digital solutions that address these needs
- Has expert level proficiency in Interaction Design/Information Architecture and at least one more UX discipline: User Research, Visual Design, or Content Strategy
- Ability to design and envision experiences iteratively in a lean environment
- Knowledge of communication and development tools like Invision and Sketch
- Experience with design systems, pattern libraries, and web development frameworks desired
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and not afraid to stand up for what they believe is right for the product
- Flexible thinker and strong collaborator
- Excellent communication skills, including storytelling, writing, and presentation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Motivated to continuously learn new skills and capabilities
- Naturally curious, empathetic, humble, and passionate about designing for behavioral change
- 3+ years as a UX designer in highly collaborative environments designing full-service consumer or business applications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in design, computer science, information sciences, psychology, human factors and or HCI preferred
Heads up: when you click “apply now” you’ll be directed to the Allstate careers site. You’re still looking at an Arity job, but because we were founded by Allstate, we share the same application system.