ART DIRECTOR (2-5 YEARS)
Art Director – Brand Advertising, Creative
The Art Director (AD) is responsible for translating and scaling brand concepts into effective visual designs for digital campaigns. Under the direction of a Senior Art Director (SAD), you will take ownership of several projects at a time and be involved in all phases of creative development. Acting as a brand ambassador for each of your clients, you will plan and execute projects independently, as well as with junior creative staff, and direct these projects through production and technology teams. You’ll be able to showcase your talents for concepting by executing creative for new business, and your skills at integrating thoughtful motion into your design will have plenty of opportunities to shine. An ability to work and manage priorities independently — with limited oversight from your manager — is a must. But there’s also plenty of collaboration involved in this role, so be ready to share your high standards, passion for interactive design, and ongoing knowledge of the mobile, social media, print design, and tech industry with the rest of the team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong understanding of client brand guidelines
- Establishing and developing flawless, on-brand design solutions across digital, mobile, social media, video and presentations from concept through final production
- Leading contributions of creative development
- Integrating motion graphics to tell the brand story or engage the user where appropriate — includes storyboarding, light to moderate animation, and some video editing
- Partnering with Account Managers, Copywriters, Production Artists and other Creative team members to generate concepts that meet and exceed client expectations
- Strong communication skills, including ability to articulate and sell creative concepts and rationale to other team members and clients, in words as well as visuals
- Comprehensive understanding of the different digital formats and the ability to map out strategic ideas that fully utilize them
- Proficiency in the latest creative testing for all assigned clients, initiating creative tests, and knowledgeable about Conversant best practices
- Remain current with design/industry trends and advances in technology
- BFA preferred, ideally in Visual Communications, Advertising or Design
- 3-5 years of experience in agency/in-house environment leading Art Direction on global brands
- Amazing portfolio that shows flawless attention to crafting and details as well as conceptual thinking and integrated experiences
- Digital background
- Motion graphics experience required (storyboarding, animation, video editing)
- Well-developed communication skills including ability to articulate and sell creative concepts and rationale to other team members and clients in words as well as visuals
- Proven teamwork skills, flexibility and a healthy disrespect for the impossible
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail is a must
- Able to see other people's point of view and receive criticism
- Able to identify as well as solve challenges
- Eagerness to be mentored by the SAD, ACD/CD
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
- After Effects
- Power Point
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Mac/PC platform Literate
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon’s digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest that help drive business growth for brands. Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, color creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable state law, genetic information, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.