Built In is a network of online communities that has quickly become the #1 recruitment solution for tech companies. We are a company of entrepreneurs building the largest network of communities for entrepreneurs. By working at Built In you'll have the chance to work directly with the latest, and fastest-growing, technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points—talent and awareness with our Employer Branding and Recruitment solutions.
We currently operate in seven communities: Chicago, Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, NYC, Boston, Seattle and are headquartered in ChicagoWe’re looking for an Art Director
Built In’s Marketing Team is looking for a fucreative Art Director to join the team. You'll report to the VP Creative Director and work on a wide range of Marketing projects. We’re looking to bring our B2B brand to the next level and this is a great opportunity at our growth stage to create a polished visual brand.
In this role we are looking for a player-coach, joining the team to execute impactful creative work and designing creative that produces results. We’re looking for a strategic thinker who will understand both the context for the business and the mindset of the customer for all projects. You’ll be responsible for art directing and also executing design solutions with solid storytelling that have a highly-visual impact.How you’ll contribute
- Act as a player/coach to help lead creative and visual design for digital marketing that will differentiate Built In with target personas (including social media, landing pages, and website).
- Work to elevate Built In’s brand identity/visuals and partner closely with marketers to develop campaigns, concepts, and design solutions that meet business objectives.
- Work alongside a creative team of designers, copywriters and marketers, adding value by supporting their talents and contributing to a high-performing and engaged team.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to gather target persona feedback to understand the pain points and value prop to validate design decisions.
- Own projects exploring different solutions, taking projects from start to finish by identifying the problem/goal, then converging to execute, all while meeting deadlines, collaborating with colleagues, and looping in stakeholders for milestones and approvals.
- Explore new concepts, new tools and be a creative leader within the larger Design/UX team. Be an active and supportive collaborator, giving and receiving feedback and suggestions in a way to enhance our brand, team and help our customers.
- Drive the creation of brand guidelines and ensure implementation through templates and toolkits, enabling global consistency and raising the quality of execution.
- Advise in creative reviews and ensure the brand is represented consistently across all design and visual content deliverables within your scope of responsibility.
- Must have 8+ years experience with Digital Marketing Experience: website design, creating landing pages for conversion, infographic design, and creative social solutions.
- Must submit a portfolio with application demonstrating an ability in building brands, designing memorable engaging visuals for websites and lead-generating campaigns.
- Ability to own self-directed project management, providing effective time estimates and updates in progress, guided by stakeholder priorities and deadlines.
- Possess a strong storytelling, hierarchy and typography skill set and excellent attention to detail with highly developed organization and communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and efficiently explore a range of options, then shape creative ideas into practical and commercially attractive deliverables for customers.
- Understanding of key design principles and elements of high quality design. Have a good eye and strong visual sense, for high quality creative concepts and excellence in execution.
- Seeks to understand user goals, motivations and obstacles; creates designs to serve and attract customers. Understands our marketing programs, how they are deployed and used; motivated by increasing usability and effectiveness.
- Ask the proper questions to understand the problem and business drivers.
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.