Art Director at closerlook, inc.
At closerlook inc., an Art Director shapes the creative development of all projects on his or her assigned accounts at closerlook, from concept to completion. He or she works closely with Writing Directors, Designers and Copywriters to ensure compelling creative solutions that align with strategic communication objectives for digital marketing campaigns. The Art Director is responsible for consistently delivering exceptional visual design under the direction of the Creative Director, often bringing a project through concept and into execution. Project types include websites, apps, print, emails, banner ads, videos and presentations.
The Art Director is a creative, conceptual thinker who collaborates with the rest of the creative team to ensure that the design, writing and technology we develop are greater than the sum of their parts and achieve the client’s communication objectives. As a member of the Creative Group, they are a consummate team player–providing support where necessary and thriving in a collaborative environment. This person is an active participant and strong presenter in project critiques. The role often acts as a facilitator for group reviews. With a strong attention to detail and passion for design, an Art Director is a systems-level thinker and problem solver excited by the opportunity to push the boundaries of constraints.
- Leads the creative development and execution of individual projects — both interactive and print design — in close collaboration with Writers and Production Designers under the guidance of the Creative Director
- Works collaboratively with interactive developers and motion media team in the creation of interactive projects like email campaigns, websites, user interfaces, mobile apps, and videos
- Works closely with the project team to ensure that the creative work will achieve the client’s strategic and communication objectives
- Establishes brand-appropriate creative approaches
- Communicates proactively with the project team to keep deliverables on track
- Participates in client meetings, creative discussions, strategy discussions, and development of presentations
- Clearly articulates design decisions that are backed up with strategic supporting evidence, insight, and rationale
- Communicates with various vendors to coordinate the execution of print and digital deliverables
- Supports new business pursuits — supporting and participating in creative concepting, asset development, and presentation decks
- Plays a critical role in advancing closerlook’s success as a creative and strategic partner to the clients we serve
The Creative Group at closerlook believes in close collaboration with one another and strong cross-functional partnership with other teams at the agency. We are a nimble group of creative problem solvers, excited by solving creative challenges in order to help our customers meet their marketing objectives and goals. The team is exceptionally passionate, thoughtful, and steadfast in our approach to communicate ideas clearly — all informed by strategic insight aligned to best practices.
THE SKILL SET
- College or university degree in visual communication/graphic design
- Minimum of 5–6 years of experience as a graphic designer and/or art director (agency experienced preferred; marketing background a plus)
- Online portfolio with a heavy emphasis on interactive work—responsive web design samples, interface design and campaign-focused projects
- Experience making user experience decisions is a plus
- Pharma marketing and healthcare examples in portfolio a plus, but not required
- Strong presentation skills to both internal and external clients
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Expert-level proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with UI tools like Sketch and Invision for both low- and high-fidelity design comps and prototypes
- Proficiency with Mac and PC platforms
ABOUT CLOSERLOOK, INC.
closerlook is a new type of strategic lead agency that brings a smarter, insight-driven approach to pharma marketing.
We think as marketers, work like a tech company and perform like a strategic partner.
We create better and more connected customer experiences because of the way we blend creative and technology, brand strategy and multichannel execution, data and storytelling.
We do this all in the service of marketing that makes a difference.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION AT CLOSERLOOK
At closerlook, we are committed to building an inclusive environment across race, gender, age, religion, identity and personal experience. We celebrate our differences and champion diverse thinking to drive innovation. We believe we’re strongest when we’re together — all of us — to help better serve our clients and the communities around us.