Position Description: This position description provides the minimum job requirements as additional duties may be assigned by supervisors. The requirements listed are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities to qualify for the position. This job description is not a contract and does not change the employment "at will" relationship. FTD reserves its right to amend the job description at any time at its discretion.
Purpose of Position: Oversee creative production process and staff, and responsible for the overall quality of work produced by the creative department. Serves as the liaison between marketing partners and the creative department. Manages creative projects from concept to completion and translates marketing objectives into creative strategies. This is a "hands-on" position that is assigned and produces creative work as well as oversees the work of creative staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage production team, set annual goals, review performance on an annual basis, and coach their career development.
- Assess internal and contract staffing to accomplish objectives. Hire, ramp, and train new staff members as needed.
- Ensure consistency of the FTD.com brand and messaging across channels.
- Manage the creative pipeline to ensure that projects are efficiently distributed across the creative team and meeting deadlines.
- Identify, implement, streamline and maintain efficient processes and procedures that will increase the productivity and quality of the creative team.
- Proactively interface with the channel leaders to gather information to develop creative briefs and seek creative feedback.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once in a deadline-driven environment and ensure that the final product meets the strategic communications objectives.
- Report to upper-management on campaign status, workflow, current projects, as well as appropriate time tracking.
- Inspires creativity, innovative thinking, and problem solving abilities in each team member
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic/Web design or related field; minimum of 6 year's experience working as a creative lead at an ad agency, web design firm, online company or a design shop.
- Has a command of the creative requirements of marketing communications including: advertising, print collateral, logo development, branding standards, and interactive media. Must possess expertise in design for the web.
- Familiarity with online advertising, marketing, and sales concepts and metrics.
- Knowledge of SEO standards and Web Technology best protocols.
- Self-directed and can manage oversight on the projects and campaigns of the creative team from concept to completion.
- Is able to work collaboratively with various channels (Main Site Marketing, Merchandise Marketing, New Business Marketing, Online Marketing, Partnership Marketing, Retention Marketing).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and organization skills.
- Dependable, detail-oriented, able to work both autonomously and as part of a team and possess the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Multi-tasking and problem solving skills to effectively and efficiently manage people and projects with strained and similar deadlines.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Very detail oriented and possess a positive attitude.