Associate Creative Director, Design & Motion
Are you excited by the opportunity to lead a team of designers to elevate a brand’s visuals through creative strategy, mentorship and empowerment? Sprout Social’s Creative Team is looking for an experienced Associate Creative Director to lead our team of visual and motion designers to create elegant, purposeful and modern design work that sets the bar for all SaaS companies.
As an Associate Creative Director, you will lead Sprout’s visual and motion designers to solve complex design problems that drive brand awareness, increase revenue and grow customer loyalty, in partnership with other creative disciplines (copy, video, web and UX) and our Marketing partners.
While you should be excited about working across the organization with a variety of business partners and solving challenges that require creative expertise, we want you to be equally excited about individual mentorship and career development with the skills to coach individuals through low performance and hard times and celebrate wins. You are someone that spends time building team rituals that strengthen team culture. Your impact is all about creating the conditions that make great design happen every day. Your approach is driven by highly refined visual design skills, critical thinking and expertise in visual strategy and you're hungry to share this knowledge. As a leader, you will also be laser-focused on developing your team of designers into better versions of themselves.
If you have an extensive background in digital, brand design and motion design, we’d love to talk with you.
Within 1 month, you’ll...
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members.
- Meet with Creative leadership and discuss everything from team structure to goals for the organization.
- Meet with key partners in the Marketing organization to understand current goals, challenges and areas where design can provide the most value.
- Get exposure and build relationships with other creative disciplines (copy, video, web and UX).
- Set up regular touchpoints with your direct reports.
- Meet with Project Management to develop an understanding of the team’s current process and structure.
- Familiarize yourself with Sprout’s brand (including our family of products).
- Immerse yourself in Sprout’s brand positioning and how it relates to the story that we want to tell.
- Soak up knowledge from every corner of the org!
Within 3 months, you’ll...
- Review all visual and motion design projects, working with individuals to produce on-brand work while championing the quality of our design deliverables throughout the process.
- Provide guidance to designers on a project basis to ensure creative execution aligns with the Marketing organization’s goals.
- Provide art direction and inspire creativity amongst everyone across design disciplines.
- Have a good understanding of the product, our industry and Sprout’s customer base.
- Collaborate with Marketing leaders to understand the roadmap of upcoming projects and required resourcing.
- Regularly meet with your direct reports to discuss career goals and growth.
- Weigh in on resourcing; helping align design skill sets to various areas of the business.
- Coordinate with Creative leaders to ensure we are telling compelling stories across various mediums.
Within 6 months you’ll…
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to evangelize brand standards and design thinking.
- Successfully implement changes in how we approach creative work and have tangible results from your impact.
- Collaborate with Product Design to ensure visual excellence and alignment between brand and product vision.
Within 12 months you’ll…
- Spend more time with execs on long term vision for the team and organizational planning.
- Who knows! Part of joining a company at this size and growth curve is being comfortable with some unknowns, and an evolving set of responsibilities!
Note: An online portfolio showcasing your work is required for consideration.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is an equal opportunity employer. Anyone seeking employment here is considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, Illinois, or local law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!