Associate Creative Director
We are looking for an Associate Creative Director to join our team at Snapsheet!
As the Associate Creative Director at Snapsheet, you will support the creative needs of the organization, and bring our value proposition as well as our inclusive culture to life. You work with the Director of Marketing to lead creative direction and campaigns, as well as supervise external agencies as needed on multiple design projects.
The Associate Creative Director is a leader, a creative mind and a project manager all in one. You are responsible for leading both conceptual and executional work of visual designs for marketing projects with a digital-first mindset as well as the ability to translate creative needs across print and physical spaces. You have a tremendous understanding of cross-channel marketing initiatives and can collaborate with others to bring simplicity to complex concepts.
In partnership with the Director of Marketing, the Associate Creative Director will help to lead creative development. In this hands-on role, you are comfortable working independently with limited oversight from your manager.
With your proven experience in ideating and delivering, in the Associate Creative Director role, you are comfortable working across all mediums with a strong background in digital, product and brand campaigns. At your core, you are a creative problem solver who is passionate about telling stories through art direction and design execution that makes the technical feel human and authentic. Your big-picture mindset enables you to translate and visualize ideas in new and inspiring ways.
Responsibilities of the Associate Creative Director
- Define and design digital and brand experiences
- Communicate complicated technology topics in clear, concise ways
- Develop strategies through ideation and execute accordingly
- Work autonomously with little to no hand-holding
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment with marketing leadership, internal departments, and 3rd parties in support of creative needs across the organization
- Provide external vendors with creative/art direction
- Design beautiful, useful and desirable digital and brand experiences in a collaborative environment
- Manage end-to-end delivery of the creative process - actively participate in creative briefings, develop & execute creative concepts (both independently and with the team), and determine solutions/alternatives when necessary
Qualifications of the Associate Creative Director
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in design, marketing or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience in a start-up or technology organization
- Proven record in graphic design, particularly for the marketing of major B2B brands
- Web-based portfolio exhibiting digital, social and print work
- Strong knowledge of interactive creative development processes and experience developing creative solutions
- A strong understanding of how art direction, design and conceptual ideas can be used to tell a story on behalf of a brand and within a product
- Ability to work across all mediums
- Overall understanding of production and the capabilities within digital channels, plus expertise in Photoshop, Image Ready, Illustrator, and Quark/InDesign (familiarity with Flash, After Effects, and video production is an added bonus)
- Passion and enthusiasm for creativity, big ideas and collaboration
Snapsheet is an equal opportunity employer