A BIT ABOUT US
The Marketing Store is a consumer engagement agency that believes in the power of experience to build brands. Experience is any valuable interaction between a brand and consumer, and it’s the currency of 21st century marketing; consumers are placing greater value on it, technology provides brands with greater opportunity to deliver, and it’s the key to unlocking huge growth.
Our core skill is therefore transforming brands, products and services into experiences. To leave lasting impressions and influence future purchasing decisions.
We do this through our expertise in the sharing of experience and the science of experience. Yet none of this can be achieved without our investment in people and culture. We’re committed to breaking down silos to create more efficient and better-connected working processes. That’s why we are a people-first agency, built to serve consumer-first brands.
WHAT ARE OUR PEOPLE LIKE?
Our agency is home to creative problem solvers. Those who overcome any obstacle to successfully put consumer-first ideas, products and technologies into market.
People who wear their talent lightly. Willing to be part of a close community that pushes them to be better.
Because our goal is to bring people and brands closer together. Closer insights, closer connections and closer collaboration breed better, more effective work. It’s this dedication to getting closer that drives us to go further.
WHO WE WORK WITH
We apply insightful, strategic, brand-building processes to the creation industry-leading, award-winning promotions, digital experiences, retail activations, CRM and loyalty programs, premiums and brand events.
Our clients include McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile and more!
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS ROLE
Today, we’re looking to build and grow our creative roster with the very best thinkers, tinkers and makers of amazing experiences.
Fearless, passionate and imaginative, you’ll push the boundaries of visual design, marketing and concept creation alongside our UX and UI and Design team — building best-in-class experiences that build stronger human connections.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE AGENCY
As Associate Creative Director (Digital), you’ll be at the forefront of what we dream of on a daily basis (and ultimately create), flexing your detailed design eye and boundless creativity on one of our largest national accounts.
Digging deeper on the details:
The ideal Associate Creative Director candidate…
- Has proven background and track record at executing and delivering top-quality design work (and a book to back it up).
- Has a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of visual design (especially in the digital space) as well as experience in promotional/brand partnership marketing. This means expertise or strong knowledge in site design, responsive design, mobile app design as well as marketing, concept development and creative strategy.
- Has the ability to solve and understand behaviors in the digital space. They’re a natural problem solver and they understand the user journey – anticipating what people might like and are drawn to both aesthetically and functionally.
- Has a knack for coming up with solutions that push boundaries and are as imaginative as they are un-expected.
- Is a collaborative and open-minded thinker. They should be able to conceptualize and express their ideas with other team members while helping elevate the work.
- Can oversee both the UI and Design team in managing both the design of our client App as well as new promotions and marketing initiatives.
- Is a confident and methodical presenter — capable of working closely with our Strategy and Account team in formulating a creative point of view and they’re excited about sharing it with our clients.
Desired Skills & Experience
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE
- At least 8-10 years of experience designing experiences and promotional initiatives (in digital, social, site, etc.)
- A strong understanding of UX flows, wires and design
- To be proficient in Mac OSX, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign).
- Strong knowledge Sketch and proficiency in InVision.
- Strong verbal and communication skills (articulating and presenting their ideas)
- Experience in managing a team of at least 8-10 designers and writers.
- Experience and comfortability leading work, presenting their ideas to clients confidently as well as working closely with the Group Creative Director.
- A general understanding of Abstract and how it integrates with Sketch.
- A background and understanding in iOS/Android.
And we’ve love you to have
- Experience working in design/product development sprints
- Experience prototyping your designs in programs like (Marvel, Protopie, etc.)
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.