The secret to good work at Boxer
We create packaging and branding that build relationships at a human level with customers around the world. Our packaging literally touches the lives of 69 million customers around the world. We want to continue building an intimate relationship between our clients and their customers by doing great work that inspire action with design that is simple, progressive and iconic.
We want to be famous (and make our clients famous) with fantastic ideas rooted in design solutions. We want to take risks, feel a bit uncomfortable and always explore new ways to design our client’s future.
What we expect from you
Have fun and laugh.
Collaborate, help others and be open to new opinions.
Bring your brain and your ideas, not just your illustrator skills.
Make us accountable for your development.
Be better every day.
Be a good human.
What you will be doing at Boxer/TMS
A Junior Designer at Boxer is responsible for executing and producing print and packaging creative solutions to address our marketing needs for both Boxer and The Marketing Store.
To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques. You should be willing to be flexible, work hard and add value to the creative process by supporting your team when executing a packaging solution.
Ultimately, you will ensure the design team promotes our brand through delivering high quality pieces on tight deadlines and managing stress and multiple projects at a high pace.
In your day-to-day job you will be doing:
- Visual Identity Systems
- Packaging (form, function & graphics)
- Identity & Logos
- Product Names
- Graphic Communications
- Collaborating in design and marketing communication pieces with our sister agency, The Marketing Store
As a Junior Designer your main responsibilities include:
- Executing design projects until final delivery
- Designing original pieces, including illustrations and infographics
- Support senior designers
- Refine images, fonts and layouts using graphic design software
- Apply typography techniques
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Ensure deadlines are met
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments, trends and tools
- Be a great team collaborator that nurtures the power of positive influence and a constant team building approach
- Restless desire to innovate, self-improvement and dedication that goes beyond the day-to-day job requirements
- Shares knowledge and positively participates in discussions that make the work better
- Be an agent of positive change and keep evolving as we continue our own evolution as an agency.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven work experience as a Junior Designer, Graphic Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of completed design projects
- Hands-on and proficient experience with image editing software, like Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts
- Attention to visual details
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
- BSc degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant field
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.