Associate UX Designer - Chicago
You are the voice of the people. In all of your interactions — with clients, project managers, designers, engineers, and more — you’ll advocate for what users want, need, and expect from the products we create. You’re innovative, quick-thinking, and eager to learn more about what’s happening in the interactive space. Your UX design skills are top-notch, and you have a knack for making the complex clear.
Work you’ll do
Interact extensively with clients and serve as the voice of the user while accommodating customer needs and technical requirements.
Work closely with clients, project managers, design, engineering, and quality assurance.
Bring user-centered design (UCD) process methods to digital solutions from concept to launch.
Clearly articulate and defend your design decisions in front of teams and clients.
Work in a supportive role to senior-level designers
Commercial Excellence & Experience
Our Commercial Excellence & Experience team focuses on designing and implementing sales and service experiences, capabilities, and architectures to bring customer strategies to life. Our ambition is to be the best in the world at driving customer transformation through the development of clever commercial strategies, distinctive experiences, and the application of digital technologies. We help make the “creative digital consultancy” real and in doing so, make new markets.
Professionals will serve our clients through the following types of work:
- Sales Excellence & Service Excellence | delivers sales and service strategies and plans, operating model definition, incentive design and implementation, and operations support for digitally-enabled sales, channel, and customer service capabilities
- Digital Experience | creates engaging omni-channel digital experiences across web, mobile, AR/VR, voice, gesture, IoT, and video
- Flexible Consumption | the commercial strategy, operating model definition, and capability delivery of subscription/flexible consumption business models
- Digital Foundry | a flexible, end-to-end delivery model emphasizing innovation and disruption
- DigitalMix | an integrated set of platforms to enable business re-platforming
1 plus years of experience of relevant industry and/or consulting experience, including internships.
In-depth knowledge with user interface patterns for mobile, web, and responsive design.
Proficiency with design and rapid-prototyping tools such as Axure, OmniGraffle, Sketch, HTML, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Willingness to travel up to 10 percent.
Familiarity with developer/engineer tools, SDKs, and platform-specific terms (eg. segmented controller, picker, table view).
Knowledge of the Scrum development process.
Advocate the values of user experience to other disciplines.
The ability to interact with developers/engineers.
Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed.
Identify the best methods for user research and testing within client constraints.
Provide strategic solutions for early stage project planning.
Sense of humor and a good attitude.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience