Brand Design Manager
Are you excited by the idea of leading a team of designers and making an impact on brand through mentorship and empowerment? Sprout Social’s Creative Team is looking for an experienced Design Manager to join forces with the other creative disciplines at Sprout and a partner up to help lead the creation of compelling experiences for Sprout’s various audiences.
The design leader we seek is someone who will thrive in leading a team of Brand Designers with varying backgrounds and strengths. While you should be excited about working with our business partners and solving challenges that require creative expertise, we want you to be equally excited about individual mentorship and career development. You are someone that spends time on building team rituals that strengthen our team culture. Your impact is all about creating the conditions that make great design happen everyday. If you have an extensive background in digital design, combined with experience in copywriting, motion or storytelling through video, we’d love to talk with you.
Within 1 month, you’ll...
- Attend 2 weeks of Sprout Social training to learn the ins and outs of the product and better understand the value that Sprout delivers to our customers.
- Meet with Design Leadership and discuss everything from team structure to goals for the organization.
- Meet with key partners in the Marketing organization to understand current goals, challenges and areas where design can provide the most value.
- Meet with the People team and understand how Design impacts culture.
- Get exposure and build relationships with other Creative disciplines (Brand, Video, Content, Marketing Development and Product).
- Set up regular touchpoints with your direct reports on the Brand Design team.
- Take time to develop a working relationship with Video and Motion as these are your closest partners and an extension of your team.
- Meet with Project Management to develop an understanding of the team’s current process and structure.
- Familiarize yourself with Sprout’s brand (including our family of products).
- Immerse yourself in Sprout’s brand positioning and how that relates to the story that we want to tell throughout our marketing.
- Soak up knowledge from every corner of the org!
Within 3 months, you’ll...
- Have a good understanding of the product, our industry and Sprout’s customer base.
- Collaborate with Marketing leaders to determine a roadmap of upcoming projects.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to evangelize brand standards and design thinking.
- Provide guidance to designers on a project basis to ensure that strategy aligns with the Marketing organization’s goals.
- Provide art direction and inspire creativity amongst everyone across design disciplines.
- Regularly meet with your direct reports on the Brand design team to discuss career goals and growth.
- Weigh in on resourcing; helping align design skill sets to various areas of the business
- Coordinate with Creative leaders on Video to ensure that we are telling compelling stories across various mediums.
- Collaborate with Product Design leaders to ensure visual excellence and alignment between brand and product vision.
Within 6 months you’ll…
- Successfully implement changes in how we approach creative work, and have tangible results from your impact
- Comfortably step into some art direction and influence strategy on projects to ensure each experience aligns with long term goals and vision for the brand.
- Work with Marketing to ensure that Design can successfully act as a strategic partner within the organization.
- Work with Design and Marketing execs to craft the growth and development of Brand Creative Team.
Within 12 months you’ll…
- Spend more time with execs on long term vision for the team, org planning
- Help co-author the Design Team’s annual Mission, Goals and Objectives for 2019
- Who knows! Part of joining a company at this size and growth curve is being comfortable with some unknowns, and an evolving set of responsibilities!
Note: An online portfolio showcasing your work is required for consideration.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is an equal opportunity employer. Anyone seeking employment here is considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, Illinois, or local law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!