Contract Interactive Designer at Rewards Network
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:14 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Become an Interactive Designer (Contract), at a fast-growing FinTech company, a highly energized playground where brilliant minds come together to help local restaurants grow, while partnering with some of the biggest loyalty programs in the world. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the marketing landscape.
You are a fresh creative thinker, with a passion for design in all media and a love of making things. You’re a collaborator adept at leveraging and working with every discipline to deliver compelling user experiences for Rewards Network’s websites, interactive mediums, emails, and other communications including offline for a range of partners and clients. You’re a true talent at concepting and evolving your design projects, estimating and managing timelines and ensuring everything you deliver is of the utmost quality.
You should be able to shift gears between long-term projects, short-term requests, and last-minute challenges. Our company organization is pretty flat, so you should be comfortable working with everyone your fellow designers to developers and market researchers to our senior leadership. If you strive to be the visual storyteller within an interdisciplinary creative team while surrounding yourself with people that share the same passion for design, UX, and exploration, please see how you align with the needs listed below.
What you’ll do with us:
This position relies heavily on strengths in visual design, brand management, and email marketing strategies and best-practices. You’ll work in a creative environment collaborating with the Creative & UX Manager, designers, copywriters, email developers and front-end developers. With your amazing conceptual and design skills, you will not only generate visionary ideas and the visuals to go with them, you will actually bring them to digital life.
That said, here are a few things you will be expected to consistently deliver:
· Under the direction of the Creative & UX Manager, you will work on several projects at a time, will be involved in all phases of creative development, and you may also be responsible for planning and executing portions of projects independently or in conjunction with copywriters and UX designers. Work with the Business Owners to develop designs and campaigns that influence target audiences for a partner, member, and client marketing initiatives (e.g., encourage enrollment, activation, utilization).
· Develop and execute innovative concepts and design solutions for web design (including responsive), promotional landing pages, microsites, banner advertising, emails, print, video and social media; create and update optimized image assets for appropriate navigation elements, images, and rollovers using various imaging tools and styles.
· Apply brand identity systems, typography, photography, color and other ingredients appropriately to create innovative visual solutions that meet business and user needs; develop additional creative enhancements.
· Display excellent presentation skills, and the ability to give articulate and compelling rationale for the presented subject matter and creative materials
· Manage multiple assignments simultaneously within established timeframes and maintain an awareness of status and project deliverables.
· Attend creative input meetings to help develop creative strategies and implement all creative requirements.
· Form tight, collaborative relationship with the Business Owners to review and refine creative approaches and seek out and help define new creative possibilities for member and client engagements.
· Develop and maintain consistently high graphics standards, be aware of and remain current with new design/industry trends and techniques in graphic arts and design, and disseminate such information to others within the Creative team.
Who you are:
· Bachelor’s Degree in advertising, design, graphic design or related field required.
· Minimum of 3+ years’ experience of interactive design experience in a web-focused creative department (agency or client side).
· Experience creating designs for B2C & B2B and consumer-facing websites, emails, and mobile applications or equivalent combination of education and experience in the design/advertising field.
· Expert skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and InDesign a must. ActionScript a plus.
· Advanced experience with video and animation use on the web and mobile devices.
· Strong motion, interactive and mobile design skills.
· Up-to-date with current design trends, specifically in the interactive media space.
· Strong, persuasive and engaging presenter of your own and others’ ideas.
· User interface/design experience a plus.
· A strong online portfolio and/or a list of URLs and an explanation of your involvement on each project required for consideration.
· Familiarity with travel or dining industry a plus.
We connect diners to fantastic restaurant experiences by offering unique card-linked offers thanks to our ability to leverage advanced technology and powerful data analytics, while simultaneously providing value to our strategic partners' overall loyalty programs.
We work alongside our restaurant partners every day, sharing in the ebbs and flows of their business while helping them achieve their dreams. We provide marketing and financing that work with their business and are truly pay-for-performance. We help them increase revenue, traffic, and customer engagement. Importantly, our services do not require the merchant to discount or give away their products.
Even more, we enhance our partners' loyalty programs by offering a turn-key, scalable dining rewards program that is right for their business model and leverages their unique brand to help increase the value proposition for their customers.
Finally, we connect our millions of members to our participating restaurants, allowing them to earn the rewards they desire when dining out.
Rewards Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We encourage and strongly support workplace diversity.
Read Full Job Description