Creative Design Manager
Solstice | Kin + Carta is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions.
As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers. As instructors and coaches, we help companies transform from the inside out by adopting a high-speed culture of innovation. We’re strategists, researchers, designers and engineers hell-bent on changing the way the world does business. We’re headquartered in Chicago and have delivery offices in New York, London, and Buenos Aires.
The Team: We are a team of cross-disciplinary marketers that are adept at telling compelling stories that engage and excite prospects, customers and partners alike. Digital transformation is a fast-paced market so we are required to be nimble and skilled at multi-tasking to accomplish our goals. We work cross-functionally across the entire company and are deemed subject matter experts for our respective disciplines.
The Role: We are looking for a versatile, proactive and detail-oriented Creative Design Manager to join our Chicago based marketing team. We’re structured our team with deep functional expertise (project and campaign management), deep domain expertise (CRM, strategy, content strategy, etc.), and a growing creative team of design, copy and freelance video support. You’ll operate in a face-paced environment on a small, nimble team. Translation: you have an opportunity to make a big impact on Solstice and your career. In this role, you’ll support the critical execution facets of our marketing machine.
What you’ll be doing:
What’s a typical day look like for a Creative Design Manager? There isn’t one. One day you’ll be guiding the creative team on creative concept development, the next shooting talking heads and b-roll, the next designing highly visual reports and content, or maintaining and creating new pages for our website. At the end of the day, you’ll be responsible for creating design solutions and telling stories that have a highly-visual impact across multiple mediums and across multiple businesses.
Just as important as your creative chops, you need to be a creative thinker. You’ll be problem-solving ideas through design and help bring big ideas to life.
The best part? You’ll be working with endless opportunities to shape our brand and grow in areas you never could have before.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Leading creative strategy for in-house marketing from concept through production for campaigns, events, videos, and internal materials
- Manage all brand assets both external and internal, including brand standards and visual identity
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and delivery teams to support business objectives
- Work cross-functionally within the organization and ensure brand standards are met with all assets including collateral, presentations, signage, promotional items, communications, campaigns, events, etc.
- Define our “internal agency” process and expectations for quality, consistency, and timeliness of deliverables
- Collaborate with the team to solidify visual standards, design expectations, and brand consistency
- Lead and mentor the in-house marketing creative team and manage agency partners or freelancers
What we are looking for from you:
- 5+ years of experience in design, UX or art direction, either client-side or within an agency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or Multimedia Design or a related field
- A passion for marketing, design, and digital technology
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- A solid understanding of UX and website Design
- A basic understanding of CMS tools such as HubSpot, Contentful, Marketo
- Bonus if you have a solid understanding of HTML/CSS
- Working knowledge of video editing software (Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere)
- Comfortable working with and leading remote team members
We welcome Solsties to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Solstice | Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.