Creative Director (Design) at Grubhub (Chicago, IL)
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. User-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart in the world of online food ordering. Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-then Grubhub is the place for you!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
As we revitalize the Grubhub brand, we're looking for a best-in-class Creative Director (Design) to guide our visual evolution. You'll concept, design, produce, and oversee projects across all aspects of our business. You'll be a leader overseeing 9 designers within our 15-person Creative Team. Work can be done remotely in the near term, and then in our New York or Chicago office 2-3 days a week when they fully reopen.
- Lead the development of effective, engaging, hunger-inducing work for video, social, email, digital ads, blogs, websites and beyond
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of creating and working within design systems
- Deliver high-quality, meticulously crafted work in a fast-paced environment
- Manage, mentor and guide designers in the Chicago and New York offices
- Determine resources for upcoming projects and ensure they are allocated to meet deadlines
- Collaborate with the product design team on initiatives and guidelines
- Embrace daily challenges and be resourceful in solving problems
- Present creative work with confidence, clarity and sound rationale
- Collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Manage working time and stay organized to handle multiple assignments and meet all deadlines
- Be a cool, fun, real human being who works hard and has a good time doing it
- Love food and show an insatiable curiosity to learn more about it
What You Bring to the Table
- Portfolio (with link) demonstrating strategic, conceptual and original work
- Proficiency with Adobe suite , InVision, Sketch and Figma
- Mastery of type, color and composition
- Strong experience with art direction for video and photo shoots
- 10+ years experience at an agency, studio, or in-house working in digital and print
- 3+ years experience as a manager
- Bachelor's degree in design or related field, or relevant years of experience
- Proficiency with After Effects
- Working knowledge of product development sprints
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k matching, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Compensation. You'll receive a great compensation package with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission, or RSUs (role-specific).
- Free Meals. Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Fund . Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]