Creative Director – Retail at Walgreens
The Creative Director - Retail is responsible for the creative approach for marketing deliverables in assigned business to ensure brand and strategy goals and requirements are met and objectives of the initiative are clear, concise, and compelling for the end-user. This person will lead and direct the creative development of all concept materials into a holistic advertising plan with actionable strategies to align with business goals and budget.This person should be able to lead in an agile-style environment, have a modern design sense and knows the power of a good headline. The person in this role will need seasoned management experience as they will lead and motivate a team of 8-10 people. If you have Omni-channel design experience in Health and Wellness, Seasonal and Beauty this is great match.
- Leads and directs the creative development of all concept materials across assigned business.
- Helps define and translate business goals into a holistic advertising plan with actionable strategies. Leads teams with diverse functional expertise through a Creative Management Team. Collaborates and contributes to long-term plans which align with overall Creative Advertising and business strategies.
- Supports management of external agency partner relationships to ensure consistent execution across media types. Manages relationships with vendors and oversight over the work created by vendors. Ensures compliance with negotiated vendor contracts. Maintains oversight over vendor created projects and work to ensure compliance with Walgreens’ standards. Ensures service level agreements with vendors are met, ensuring issues and differences are reconciled in a timely and cost effective manner and to the satisfaction and within the standards prescribed by Walgreens.
- Develops an understanding of the company vision and direction to ensure the advertising strategies, for assigned business, are executed in alignment with the corporate objectives and to ensure that actionable strategies are developed and executed as the corporate initiatives evolve.
- Contributes to continuous process improvement in the design and conceptualization of advertising, to achieve better results.
- Assists in the development and maintains brand guidelines for internal and external communications. Develops and disseminates training guidelines to ensure brand guidelines are appropriately communicated to end-users.
- Ensures systems and processes are defined, reviewed, improved and maintained efficiently and effectively.
- Collaborates cross functionally and represents department in area of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep aligned with strategy and objectives. Builds and maintains key internal relationships.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience in a creative field, such as Advertising, Marketing or Promotions or HS Diploma/ GED and at least 7 years of experience in a creative field, such as Advertising, Marketing or Promotions.
- Experience with collateral design and production.
- Experience in developing and refining processes and systems through which align business and creative needs with sales and marketing objectives.
- Experience collaborating with internal resources and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or Communications.
- Experience in an agency environment.
- Experience developing strategic initiatives which align with business goals and budget.
- Experience in omni-channel Health and Wellness, Seasonal and Beauty preferred.
- Experience leading and motivating a large team.
- Online portfolio is required.