Creative Director at DocuSign
Creative Director, Digital
Marketing | Remote - North America
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Marketing team creates world-class content and data-driven marketing solutions that communicates the value of DocuSign’s Agreement Cloud to reach more customers and help them understand the potential impact DocuSign can have on their business. We design creative for a new business campaign. Refine messaging around new product launches. Organize captivating customer events. Develop innovative social media campaigns. Collaborate on playbooks and training with the Sales team. Marketing is the face and voice of DocuSign and plays a key, high-impact role in how we tell our story.
You will be responsible for the digital direction and design of the DocuSign.com brand, establishing the core elements and patterns to be used. This will encompass the main .com marketing site and any other digital marketing touchpoints. You will work closely with developers to implement these designs both in front-end code and in a design system. You will lead a team of designers to implement the brand look and feel you have established, providing creative direction and critique. You will interface with the CMO and sit between the ECD, Product Design, etc. to create a holistic look and feel for the brand as it translates to the web
This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Create the visual look and feel of the business and brand and translate it to all DocuSign digital properties
- Design all major pages/properties of the website
- Develop innovative and on-strategy designs and experiences that meet the objectives of the project
- Lead a team of designers to deliver email designs, digital ads, web assets, and more
- Create and implement the right design toolset internal to this team
- Creative direct animations and interactions on the website
- Contribute to the development of digital brand standards and production guidelines
- Inform and set strategy for the brand voice and tone utilized in your designs
- Keep up-to-date with digital technology, proposing new technologies and sharing this knowledge with the team
- Meet with ECD and Senior Director of Web Strategy to discuss project’s brief, objectives and parameters and the strategic approach that will be used
- BFA or Bachelors degree
- 12 years of experience specializing in visual design for the web, preferably agency and/or B2B companies
- Know and use current web standards for desktop and mobile, without losing any creative impact
- Demonstrate solid understanding of UX/UI and responsive design
- Experience creating, building, and maintaining a design system
- Comfortable with Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch
- Experience in managing content for digital mediums, working with product marketing and the greater team to drive results
- Strong collaborative, interpersonal, influence, and communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate and thrive in a group environment and bring out the best in the team – design, copy, ux, and development
- Displays solid grasp of brand aesthetic, usability principles, site architecture, user interfaces and navigation
- High level strategic thinker with a clear understanding of branding, marketing and business strategies
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.