Rally Health is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that’s okay. We’re not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We’re building something that supports people over their lifetime. As Rally Health founder and CEO Grant Verstandig says, “We get to do amazing work every day that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.”
About the role:
The XD team is responsible for the user experience and interface design for the Rally digital platform (suite of web and mobile apps). These integrated apps allow a user to easily lead their day-to-day health and healthcare.
As Creative Director, you will be responsible for our Personal Solutions experiences which span across multiple platforms. This means leading a 4 person design team and interfacing regularly with executives, product managers, and engineers to manage expectations and resources while ensuring cohesiveness across the experience. Personal Solutions involves numerous stakeholders, moving parts, and direct impact on our members’ experience. This role is integral in our mission of empowering users to take charge of their health and engaging with Rally every day.
- Lead the design team working on a wide range of products and features.
- Work closely with Executive leadership to understand the vision and roadmap for Personal Solutions, as well as other business lines.
- Oversee the output of high-quality, human-focused designs/features/enhancements for web-based platforms while ensuring consistency across all experiences
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to define requirements and implement scenarios, interaction models, end-to-end experiences, and communicate out to stakeholders
- Challenge, critique and encourage designers on their decisions and approach to design.
- Work collaboratively with other creative leads to ensure consistency of interactions and experiences across brands and platforms.
- Push back when appropriate with product owners and executives in order to drive the best decision for the user.
- Advocate for design-centric and user-focused approaches to all features and solutions
- Ensure that the handoff process from XD to Engineering is timely and consistent
- Work with Product Management team to assist in translating business requirements into product/design requirements
- Attend product and XD leadership meetings regularly in order to understand what is happening across all business lines
- Improve XD processes while placing high importance on organization and workflow as part of design.
- Manage budgets for team regarding training and travel
- Maintain a culture of flexibility and problem solving. You will be working with requirements that evolve often.
- 10-15 years of professional web/application/UI experience. Preferably in a design team environment.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience as an Art Director or equivalent creative lead
- Experience leading and growing design teams
- Background in designing and managing complex B2C products
- Impressive portfolio of products you’ve overseen and designed
- Strong understanding of user research and human-centric approach to design
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
- Exceptional information architecture and interaction design skills
- Experience building, maintaining and improving design systems
- Expert proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, & Photoshop (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Experience designing for the responsive web
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Basic understanding of front-end development
- Aim to push the application forward and innovate
- BA or BFA in design or information architecture related field preferred, but not required
- Some travel will be required (Approx 1-2 times per quarter)
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally Health is committed to ensuring that its workforce reflects America’s diverse population. Rally Health knows that such diversity will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration it needs to achieve its mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit and commitment to the principles of diversity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).