Creative Lead- Sr. Visual Product Designer at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
As a Creative Lead, you’ll work within one of our dedicated cross-discipline teams to create flexible solutions that solve both user needs and business problems, and design digital experiences that form a connection, not just a transaction. As part of the Creative team, you’ll help push the quality of work we deliver to clients and contribute to the improvement of our approach and process. This position requires a strong understanding of visual design and usability best-practices, with a high degree of collaboration and autonomy.
Additionally, you’ll not only think about how product features will help solve problems, but you’ll think about how you can test and learn your way to validating or busting assumptions. You have experience in human-centered design practices and love advocating for the user. You’re the one who usually asks the questions; what should we do, and why. You’re a constant learner, a maker, a tinkerer, and a visual storyteller.
What You’re Good At
- Mastery of visual design principles, typography, interaction design, user-experience design, user research, information architecture, usability, and accessibility best practices
- Leading the approach to research, strategy, design, testing and execution for moderately complex problems on projects and workstreams, requiring the integration of user and business needs
- Partnering with the client and interviewing stakeholders to understand and establish business goals and to define product strategy
- Acting as both a player and a coach on a product team. Leading and contributing to creative work on multiple projects and work streams
- Driving consensus and guiding creative team members, clients, and other stakeholders to execute on strategy
- Facilitating cross-functional collaboration and reviews sessions with product team and clients
- Masterfully applying HCD methods, modifying existing ones or creating new methods and creative exercises to achieve the right outcomes
- Articulating a clear and informed point of view on product vision and strategy backed by evidence and objectives
- Absorbing and distilling research and inputs and translating them into design principles and creative direction
- Setting the bar for conceptual design innovation, originality of concepts, consistently demonstrating visual polish and excellence
- Thinking in terms of design systems to support scale and consistency
- Developing a brand’s visual language for multiple applications; defining clear and documented guidelines for others to follow
- Leading client discussions, productively challenging ideas and providing the rationale for creative concepts, visual design, and product vision
- Committing to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
- Remaining current on technology, trends, and industry best practices. Constantly learning and trying new approaches and tools.
What You Have Done
- You have education in a relevant field, such as UX, graphic design, experience design, interaction design, product design, human-centered design
- You have a portfolio that demonstrated your abilities in thoughtful problem solving and polished execution
- You have 8+ years of digital design experience working in cross-discipline teams for a variety of mediums
- You are competent in modern design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision App, Adobe Creative Cloud
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.