We here at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that happens to share some DNA (and a sense of humor) with the smash-hit trivia video game YOU DON’T KNOW JACK®, created by Jellyvision's founder. ALEX makes navigating tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits or improving your financial wellness—easier, faster, and more helpful, not to mention entertaining. The success of the ALEX platform has exceeded our wildest dreams, (except for the part right before we woke up where our mom was riding a giraffe), which is why we need talented folks like you to help us help ALEX take over the world…er…continue to grow and succeed.
THAT’S LOVELY, BUT WHAT’S THE JOB?
As a Creative Producer, you’ll have the distinct honor of both bringing our content to life and supporting the ALEX and Jellyvision brands through live-action video, motion graphics, animation, and still photography. You’ll work with our talented team of Creative Directors, Writers, Artists, Sound Designers, Project Managers, Product Managers, and others to create work that knocks the socks off of your colleagues, our customers, and our end users. Your expertise will be put to use from the earliest stages of concept generation and pre-production, all the way through to production and delivery.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Participating in concept generation as part of a cross-functional team
- Forming production plans (shoot schedules, breakdowns, shot lists, etc.)
- Preparing production resources (equipment, props, locations, people, digital assets, etc.)
- Owning all aspects of physical production and being the go-to person with questions about a given video or photography shoot
- Editing live-action videos and animating videos based on scripts and storyboards
- Driving production and ensuring on-time delivery by clearly communicating project status and needs
- Shooting and retouching Jellyvision employee, office space, and select event photos
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and functional studio space
What skills must one possess to be a most excellent Creative Producer?
- Have video production experience. You should be familiar with production equipment (DSLRs, lighting, etc), studio and location directing, and shooting.
- Have post-production chops. You should be an expert in Adobe Premiere and After Effects, and comfortable with other Adobe CC products like Illustrator, Photoshop, and Lightroom.
- Be a strong storyteller. You’ll bring our creative vision to life with an emphasis on clarity and user perspective.
- Have great creative judgment. You’ll need to know funny, polished, clever, and clear when you see it. When you don’t see it, you’ll need to know how to get to it.
- Be tech savvy. Data-driven products delivered at scale are central to what we do, so you must be willing to learn about and work on cutting-edge dynamically-created videos.
- Pay outrageous attention to detail. You must be detail-oriented with regards to timing, text placement, and overall ease of understanding.
- Have a strong work ethic, organizational skills, and a mind for deadlines. You must possess amazing time management skills and the ability to produce high-quality work under deadline constraints.
- Possess outstanding written and verbal communication and listening skills. The ability to give and take direction positively and constructively is key to what we do.
- Be a collaborative contributor. To be a Creative Producer, it’s important to work well with an interdependent team.
- Be flexible. Being able to improvise and iterate is essential.
You will get bonus points for experience with:
- Directing voice talent
- Audio production or sound design
And how do I apply?
We look forward to hearing about you and what you do. Make sure your application includes:
- Your reel, complete with breakdown of your role and responsibilities for all included clips, as well as applications used.
- A cover letter that clearly explains three reasons you think you’d be a great fit for this role.
- Your resume.