Design Director, Fulfillment at Fast Radius
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:47 a.m. (CST) on Friday, August 13, 2021
We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly-listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics.
To lead the design of Fast Radius’ fulfillment experience, including our factory service and supply chain squads.
What we are looking for:
Fast Radius is seeking a visionary and customer-obsessed Design Director to provide leadership across our factory service and supply chain squads. In this role you will be leading a team of designers across the entire design process for platforms that have a major impact on overall business goals. Each candidate is expected to have a proven track record of leading design teams on both consumer and enterprise platforms, with a portfolio that showcases their process and business results of their work..
Responsibilities & Outcomes:
- Provide strategic, structural, and visual design direction across our fulfillment customer experience
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams while working with various stakeholders to turn briefs and requirements into living, breathing products
- Provide design leadership, mentorship, and management to a team of 3-4 designers
- Ensure all design work is aligned with dept and company strategy
- Communicate design decisions effectively based on user-research, content strategy, usability and design thinking
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and fellow colleagues, acting as a design evangelist across departments
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience
- Well-rounded portfolio that effectively communicates design process and results driven by design choices
- Significant experience working with scalable design systems
- Ability to lead design teams across multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and organize large volumes of projects
- Systematic thinking and a desire to make/prototype solutions in order to fail fast and learn quickly
- Ability to rapidly generate compelling, relevant graphics, icons and interfaces, and to design in a range of styles
- Strong on-screen typographic sensibility
- Knowledge of modern web and native app technologies a plus
- BA/BS in Human Computer Interaction, Design, UX or a related field or equivalent practical experience
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description