Design Director, Marketing at Fetch Rewards (Chicago, IL or Remote)
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 0 to 11M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years, we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps. Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. Brands need to understand what people are doing and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
About the role
We are looking for a Design Director, Marketing for our collaborative Creative Marketing team. The Design Director will report to the Creative Director, Marketing, and oversee a talented group of designers.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of our app users to help drive design content and composition
- Adaptable to a range of design styles and techniques
- Partner with Creative Director to build and maintain a design strategy that will permeate all brand touch points
- Manage a team of designers and illustrators in developing work that is effective and visually appealing
- Identify team skills gaps and determine the best way to fill those gaps—mentoring, training, and hiring
- Lead by example and implement ways to motivate each member of the team
- Review design work and provide clear feedback
- Ensure all content abides by Fetch’s guidelines
- Look for opportunities to sharpen and elevate our current design and illustration system
- Set and manage expectations of requests for the team
- Establish ways to streamline processes and make the team as efficient as possible
- Collaborate with Creative Director, Marketing and Creative Director, Product to ensure continuity across the marketing and product teams
- Proactive in getting more information about requests that may be unclear
- Help oversee the next iteration of our brand guidelines
- Create smart and beautiful things that help move our brand forward, from emails and digital ads to t-shirts and murals
- Ability to generate content using illustration, photography and type, that can sometimes be animated
- Concept, create, revise and prepare files based on supplied specifications
Skills we believe you’ll need for the position:
- About 10+ years of graphic design experience, both digital and print
- 2+ years in a management role
- Motivating personality – ability to lead and inspire a team
- Great written and oral communicator
Nice to haves:
- Agency background
- Art Direction experience
- Animation experience
What we’ll offer you:
- Top-notch insurance for people & pets
- Unlimited PTO and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement
- Work From Home Flexibility
- 401k / Retirement Plan + Match
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Full-Time Wellness Coach
- Work/life balance - we were featured in Forbes list, “2021 America’s Best Start-Ups”
- Unique, pet-friendly office space
- Internal mobility and growth
- Autonomy in your role