Design Operations Manager at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We offer financing to more consumers than traditional credit and because of our values, we never charge hidden fees. In the next stage of growth, we are changing the way consumer finance works and design operations will be critical to the design function as we scale the product and team.
You will be the first hire as a Design Operations Manager to elevate the impact of the design organization inside and outside the company! You're passionate to drive change and do that through practices for how we work together, how we get the work done and how our work creates impact. You will work closely with cross functional program management on timelines to ensure design can execute the highest quality work from our organization. You are a designer with a unique set of tools who sees opportunities and implements solutions of multiplying effects to consumers and merchants we serve.
This role will directly report into the VP of Design and Research.What you’ll do:
- Partner closely with the VP of Design to ensure strategic vision is executed within given timelines and design quality standards
- Build alignment between the design org, engineering and product management teams on timelines and scope
- Balance multiple inputs of priorities and needs, ensuring inter-dependencies are understood and planned for
- Capture design requirements and project goals
- Communicate project and program status
- Implement solutions to improve how we get work done from process, tooling, documentation and asset management
- Develop programs for design presence outreach for recruiting, onboarding new hires
- Manage external contractors and oversee budget
- Navigate and manage within an environment of ambiguity with diverse partners
- 5+ years of experience with design program management or related experience
- Hands-on experience working with in-house product design teams in a matrixed organization
- An understanding of scaled teams design quality and product strategy
- Experience with design and product development process matrixed organizations
- Experience with negotiation and resolving conflict from a place of listening and collaboration
- A passion to drive to change consumer finance for the better
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.