Design Systems Engineer at Paylocity
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- A fierce advocate for continuous improvement by applying the latest development techniques and principles to solve complex user needs.
- An independent thinker and self-starter who proactively seeks out new opportunities with a commitment to the highest quality.
- A humble facilitator who collaborates and seeks feedback from a diverse, cross-functional team of designers, software engineers, product owners, and product team leaders.
- Passionate about maintaining and contributing to a comprehensive design system that is the foundation of our cohesive customer experience.
- Energized by understanding our user's unmet needs through the proficient application of development techniques.
- Is opportunistic when bringing creativity and fresh thinking to their work as it evolves in the software development lifecycle
How we work:
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
What we offer:
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal talent anywhere culture, where employees can work remotely anywhere in the US and/or work from one of three U.S. offices located in Illinois, Florida and Idaho
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science, engineering, technology or design related field or equivalent experience
- Must have at least 5 years of experience creating design system patterns to create engaging, multi-platform user experiences; experience creating experiences at an enterprise level organization preferred
- Deep understanding of component-based architecture within front-end frameworks including React and Angular
- Competent in either User Research or Product Design
- Strong UX understanding and communication skills with an ability to collaborate with UX designers
- Familiarity with common creative tools such as Sketch, InVision and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Familiarity with working in an agile software development environment working on/with cross functional teams to deliver a product user experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and iterate on valuable user experiences
- Able to effectively communicate development techniques with the team and stakeholders that deliver upon business outcomes
- Can confidently balance many projects at one time while delivering a valuable user experience
- During the last three months, you would have:
- Collaborated closely with product designers to help realize experiences for our users
- Worked with engineering teams to consume the design system components to realize designs that shape the user experience fully
- Embraced emerging standards while promoting best practices to push the limits of what's possible
- Instilled an unwavering commitment to quality in modular components for the design system that are distributable and consumable by the engineering community
- Evangelized the efforts of the design system's modular components to the engineering community and stakeholders
- Offered and solicited feedback from team members to continually better the design practice
- Lived our culture and principles and followed standards in executional and operational excellence