Designer (B2B) at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub Marketing is looking for a designer to support our B2B marketing teams. You’ll be an integral part of the creative department, reporting to our creative directors. You’ll work remotely in the near term, then in either our Chicago or New York office when they reopen.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Establish design direction for B2B projects that embrace the Grubhub guidelines and personality
- Deliver high-quality, meticulously crafted work in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Partner with copywriters to develop strong concepts and produce excellent work
- Embrace daily challenges and be resourceful in solving problems
- Present creative work with confidence, clarity and sound rationale
- Collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Manage working time and stay organized to handle multiple assignments and meet all deadlines
- Be a cool, fun, real human being who works hard and has a good time doing it
- Love food and show an insatiable curiosity to learn more about it
You Should Have
- Portfolio (with link) demonstrating strategic, systematic and conceptual design work
- Experience designing sales sheets, booklets, promotional materials
- Experience designing email and knowledge of best practices
- Proficiency with Adobe CC, Sketch, HTML
- Mastery of type, color and composition
- 2-3+ years experience at an agency, studio, or in-house
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field
- Experience with After Effects, InVision, video, photography
- Working knowledge of product development sprints
- Experience with ecommerce
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.