About the Role
We are looking for a Content Strategist for our Managed Portfolios group. This skilled writer and storyteller will craft delightful, cohesive content experiences throughout our digital service experience, including both advisor support content and digital workflows. This person will work within our Design team as part of a cross-functional, global team providing service and software for financial professionals. We seek a curious, entrepreneurial person who loves the challenges of discovering user needs, elegantly simplifying complex subject matter, creating engaging content, and beautifully expressing our brand.
You’ll be great at:
- Writing clear, concise, and compelling content that directs and inspires our users to action
- Writing in a consistent voice, tone, and style which unifies our content and user experiences.
- Adding wit, flair, and fun to content where appropriate
- Applying Morningstar written style guidelines when necessary.
- Recommending varied content mediums to enhance the message and engage the audience
- Creating and maintaining editorial calendars, style guides, taxonomies, metadata frameworks and content migration plans.
- Documenting systems for producing content consistently at scale
- Developing content management and publishing guidelines for our products, and training publishers on their use
- Testing your content with our users – financial advisors and investors – in order to ensure comprehension and desirability
- Applying your skills to our digital workflows and navigation, acting as our design team’s UX Writer
- Collaborating with your teammates on decisions around content and information structure, relationships, and strategy.
- Identifying connections between products and communication channels
- Partnering with marketing, support, product, and engineering teams to support the end-to-end user experience vision.
- Collaborating with an international team to perfect a global product for a global user base
- Promoting open discussion of new ideas, tough issues, and contrasting points of view.
You’ll also do things like:
- Advocate for consistent, high quality content and demonstrate the value of doing it right.
- Demonstrate skillful stakeholder management, including managing expectations and obtaining agreement on key objectives.
- Continuously strive to find better ways of doing things.
- Edit and generate clear and concise labels, prompts, and other messaging copy that guides the user and meets business needs.
- Collaborate with the product managers and engineers to make sound product decisions.
- Be proficient in core research skills, such as interviewing, analysis, and reporting techniques, and execute common types of user research with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years professional experience writing for digital user experiences.
- A portfolio of written work and process artifacts demonstrating your style and skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Mac OS X
- Experience with Sketch, Invision, and Contentstack CMS
- Experience working with Design Systems and Editorial Standards
- Financial industry experience, particularly with financial advisors or managed account platforms