Group: Marketing and Communications creates integrated communications and campaigns that aim to make the Morningstar brand tribal. Consisting of marketing managers, designers, writers, corporate communications professionals, digital strategists, behavioral scientists, and more, this collaborative team serves our marketing needs across our business. We are data-driven experimenters who work to deliver the right messages to the right people at the right time. We also drive demand by developing go-to-market strategies for Morningstar products. The team works globally to maintain a consistent brand experience everywhere Morningstar serves investors.
Role: Morningstar brings inspired problem solvers together with one goal in mind—to help investors reach their financial goals. At our core, we’re one of the world’s top investment research and data companies. But where we set ourselves apart is how we use that data and research to serve a diverse range of users. Our investment data and research enable us to deliver analytics and insights with a purely independent view, and then we leverage the latest in technology and design to deliver an array of solutions that best meet our users’ needs. This foundation of research, data, technology and design uniquely positions us to provide a more complete set of services to investors all around the world—ultimately helping people make better decisions about their money, or the money they manage for millions of people all over the world.
The Morningstar design team is dedicated to creating thoughtfully designed financial products and services so that people across the world can make the best investing decisions for themselves and their clients. We synthesize complex financial information into experiences that empower our users to deliver better outcomes. The design organization is made up of several disciplines—visual, UX, communications, content, and research—united to help each other, and the whole company, grow. We’re always seeking designers who are motivated, are driven to deliver user-centered outcomes, and are equally committed to craft and compassion.
Morningstar is looking for a Designer for our Segment Marketing group to help us create visually impactful, on-brand experiences and materials that drive deeper engagement and growth opportunities within our Advisor segment. You’ll be part of a team supporting the orchestration of elegant client engagements, working to bring to life a comprehensive marketing experience that resonates with Advisors. These efforts will require strong collaboration across different teams and disciplines, to deliver experiences and materials that are inspiring, beautiful, and effective.
- Partnering closely with the segment marketing manager to develop unique, multifaceted, and engaging experiences (including in-person interactions, webpages, marketing campaigns, and sales materials) for high-value client engagements
- Conducting conceptual explorations and creative workshops that help inform thoughtful design solutions that resonate with the Advisor segment and subsegments
- Communicating design concepts through high-fidelity prototypes and other artifacts
- Making informed design decisions around typography, composition, color, and other visual and elements that support a delightful, engaging experience, while reinforcing the Morningstar brand
- Participating in market research activities that help inform the direction of initiatives and experience development
- Executing design solutions through a variety of mediums
- Able to translate complex concepts into effective, compelling experiences
- Taking projects from start to finish, owning the creative concepting and production execution
- Collaborating across teams to help deliver the best solutions
- Tactfully processing and responding to feedback while knowing how to effectively defend design decisions
- Working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or equivalent experience in the graphic arts
- 3–5 years of experience designing for brand-focused digital experiences
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated passion for design craftsmanship
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Sketch, InVision
- Knowledge of user testing tools such as UserZoom, Usabilla, ChartBeat, and Google Optimize preferred; AEM experience a plus
- Knowledge of modern presentation tools and techniques
- Knowledge of time-based design and animation-based software a plus
Please Include a link to your online portfolio or attach PDF samples along with your resume.