Location: Chicago, IL
Level: Junior to Mid-level
What We’re Looking For
CityBase is looking for someone who can contribute to our success by supporting our design team. In this role you’ll work closely with other designers and the marketing team in the creation of marketing materials, social media assets, emails, landing pages, and other design related tasks. You should be able to present and communicate your designs and decisions in a clear and concise way. You should have a mind for digital design, with an eye for print media.
CityBase strives to make a difference for everyday people interacting with their government. We’re looking for someone who shares these values and wants to make a difference in the world. This is a great opportunity for an early-career candidate who is interested in gaining wide exposure to a product-led tech company through the design and marketing process.
- You will work with the design manager and marketing team to uphold and maintain the CityBase brand and its standards.
- In tandem with the design manager, you will be a go-to resource for design related questions from the rest of the organization.
- You will assist the sales and marketing team with the materials they need to help communicate our products to potential and existing clients. These materials include but aren’t limited to:
- Presentations and proposals to new and existing clients
- Prototypes and website/product mockups for demonstration purposes
- Imagery and designs for social media posts and emails
- Icons, infographics, and other illustrations
- One-sheets and other marketing resource materials
- Help the company help themselves, by maintaining templates and providing design assets so others can easily access them and create deliverables themselves when appropriate.
- You’re passionate about designing for good.
- You’ve got some experience. Years are only a number, but you’ve probably had 1-3+ years of professional design experience.
- You’re a good designer. You have strong portfolio that communicates collaboration, creativity, and innovative approaches to problem solving.
- You’re organized and self-driven. You have the ability to prioritize, manage, and work on multiple projects at once without sacrificing quality or standards.
- You know the tools. You’ve worked with the Adobe Creative Suite extensively and have a complete grasp on the staples like Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. You can also handle designing for presentations in Google Slides, Keynote, and PowerPoint.
- You’re a champion of design. Design is important to you and your work shows it.
- You’re detail oriented. Poorly kerned typography bothers you and pixel perfection is something you strive for. You’re also comfortable making changes based on editorial markups.
- You’ve got ideas. Nailing the design part is important but you’ve got big ideas and opinions about design, and you’re not afraid to speak up and share them.
- You work well with others. Designing can be an introverted profession and that’s okay, but you work well with other designers and take feedback thoughtfully.
- You’re curious. The government tech space can be confusing and complex at times, and you’re interested in learning about it and helping clearly communicate it to others.
You don’t have to know these things because we know you’re not a unicorn, but an interest or willingness to learn the following is a big plus.
- Experience in Sketch and prototyping tools
- Interest in product design and user experience work
- Experience in the agile system and design sprints
- Knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k)
- Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Flexible Spending Account, Pre-tax Commuter Program, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- A multitude of snacks and beverages
About CityBase: CityBase is a government technology company that transforms the way cities connect and do business with constituents. CityBase works with local governments, agencies, and utilities to integrate payment functionality, business processes, and communications onto a central, cloud-based platform that consumers can access through the web, mobile, kiosk, or point-of-sale.