DIGITAL CREATIVE MANAGER
The Manager, Digital Creative (UI) is responsible for defining the design guidelines, look & feel direction and usability requirements while incorporating our brand vision and design concepts/art direction (from Director, Digital Creative) into every digital touchpoint. This includes the Web and Mobile implementations of our products and experiences. This role will work seamlessly with Digital Creative, UX, Digital, Ecomm, Social Media/Content, Integrated Marketing, CRM/Loyalty as we continue to grow, evolve, and innovate our digital footprint.
The Digital Creative Manager (UI) will manage a team of 3 plus freelancers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, inspire and motivate designers ensuring their growth and success while delivering compelling, consistent, on-brand design solutions
- Review, provide feedback and ensure a high standard for our brand expressions and product experiences (web, mobile app, digital screen experiences)
- Evolve the UI Creative Team to incorporate Design Thinking best practices across all digital initiatives
- Collaborate with channel specific business partners across Ecomm and IT to define goals, process, and prioritization
- Stay current on design trends, innovations, and technological developments
- Provide creative vision solutions through storytelling, typography, photo style, creative mood exploration
- Receives direction from the Director, Digital Creative, but is expected to bring ideas and present solutions to issues independently
- Works actively with UI Creative Team to solve problems and produce results
- Is strategic, articulate and extremely organized as well as a team player
- Understand complex scheduling overlaps to be able to foresee timing or workload conflicts
- Brings teams together for brainstorms around content stories and funnels ideas up to the Director, Digital Creative
- Experience leading a UI design team
- An inspiring portfolio of mobile and web-based projects that highlights your approach to problem solving as well as solutions
- A fundamental understanding of and desire to use data to evolve creative direction and proven ability to turn data into insights for design
- A thorough understanding of marketing design and user experience design across platforms, as well as in-depth knowledge of digital media and evolving online platforms
- Experience with creating Design System and product brand guidelines
- Exceptional organization, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Expert command of typography, color, composition and hierarchy; understanding how these elements work together to form a quality design solution
- Hands-on experience with agile methodologies
- Superior communications and organizational skill
- Fluency in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and Invision
- Expert level proficiency with standard analysis and design tools (e.g., User Testing, Adobe CC, Sketch, Invision, etc.).
- 5-8 years UI experience, 3-5 years management experience
- BFA or equivalent degree required
- eCommerce experience a plus
Normal office conditions