What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
The Digital Design Director will be an experienced specialist in art and design with proven leadership skills. They will supervise a team of designers specializing in visual design, interaction design, experience design, and content strategy. This is a leadership role within the Peapod Digital Labs Product team. They will influence creative strategy, organize across multiple team functions, mentor their creative team, and be the liaison across all teams contributing to the customer experience. The Digital Creative Director will be responsible for the final quality of the creative product within all digital channels.
The Digital Design Director will be responsible for creating compelling, insight-driven digital based experiences. This is a crucial role within Peapod Digital Labs as it requires an ability to both lead a creative team while maintaining a highly collaborate relationship with our brand partners. They must be highly able to translate multiple brand guidelines into a scalable brand strategy solution.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Oversee creative digital direction and strategy across our digital channels
- Cultivate an efficient process that maintains core UX principles across all visual design, including page templates, modules, design patterns, and typography
- Lead and develop a team of creative designers and copywriter(s) to ensure quality standards are maintained and continually elevated
- Partner with stakeholders across both internal PDL teams as well as brand partners
- Translate local brand guidelines into a design system that ensures consistency across all functional teams
- Lead brainstorming and creative sessions to drive compelling digital eCommerce and channel strategy driven experiences
- Work with any external brand creative agencies to ensure cohesiveness across channels
- Work closely with the Marketing, Merchandising, Product, and Tech teams to ensure there is always a harmonious integration of the brand into digital experiences, creating a seamless connection and eCommerce experience for customers across all touchpoints
- Use a metrics and research-driven approach to analyze, create, and evangelize design strategy
- Remain up to date across the latest trends in digital design and technology, proposing new ways to elevate our digital experiences
- Be a key partner across all teams contributing to the customer experience
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's degree or relevant years of work experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience in-house, agency or hybrid (heavy in digital)
- 4+ years team management experience
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Strong presentation skills
- Clear understanding of content strategy a plus
- A track record of leading design teams through successful product and/or campaign launches
- Strong information design experience with a solid foundation in UX design heuristics
- Marketing and integrated campaign experience a plus
- Excellent organization skills a plus
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.