Summary: Uniquely creative, multi-faceted designer who has exceptional digital design skills for web application products as well as social and digital advertising campaigns. Working with cross-functional teams to identify, define, and design solutions to improve the customer experience and to create engaging solutions to drive business results.
We are looking for a Digital Designer to be the central hub of all things design-oriented in the company. Our Digital Designer must work well in a fast-paced, startup environment and hold themselves accountable to a higher level of creative standards. You will be working on a wide variety of projects including user interfaces, interactive prototypes, landing pages, html emails, banner ads, presentations, brand style guides and videos, etc.
You will report to our Senior Digital Designer and will work closely with business owners, product managers, developers and marketers, etc. It will be your job to take feedback from across departments and teams and apply it accordingly.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and evaluate human work systems, using human factors engineering and ergonomic principles to optimize usability, quality, and performance.
- Collect data through direct observation of work activities and witnessing the conduct of tests.
- Assess the user-interface and usability characteristics of Supernova’s products and applications.
- Perform functional and task analysis using tools such as checklists and surveys of business partners.
- Advocate for end users in collaboration with other professionals, including engineers, managers and customers.
- Develop and implement research methodologies or statistical analysis plans to test and evaluate developmental prototypes used in new products or processes.
- Analyze complex systems to determine potential for further development, production, compatibility, or usefulness in a particular area.
- Write, review, or comment on documents, such as proposals, test plans, or procedures.
- Provide human factors technical expertise on topics such as advanced user-interface technology development.
- Design cognitive aids, such as procedural storyboards for all user experience projects company-wide.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in a related discipline
- 1-3 years of designing experience with a strong emphasis on visual design detail
- A solid understanding of digital design and UX design – site architecture, functionality, interaction patterns and navigation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with a variety of software, including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, XD or similar), Sketch, Visual Studio Code, iMovie, etc.
- Experience with prototyping tools, including Marvel App, Invision App, Axure, etc.
- Knowledge of web/digital technologies (HTML and CSS)
- Knowledge of print design production and video production
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; meet deadlines and be flexible to changing priorities; ability to manage time
- Passion and curiosity for all things design, desire to stay current in the field; empathy to put themselves in the shoes of the user; meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to thoughtfully present and rationalize creative work