Digital Designer at Supernova Technology
- Design and evaluate human work systems, using human factors engineering and ergonomic principles to optimize usability, quality, and performance.
- Collect data through direct observation of work activities and witnessing the conduct of tests
- Assess the user-interface and usability characteristics of Supernova’s products and applications.
- Perform functional and task analysis using tools such as checklists and surveys of business partners.
- Advocate for end users in collaboration with other professionals, including engineers, managers and customers.
- Develop and implement research methodologies or statistical analysis plans to test and evaluate developmental prototypes used in new products or processes.
- Analyze complex systems to determine potential for further development, production, compatibility, or usefulness in a particular area.
- Write, review, or comment on documents, such as proposals, test plans, or procedures.
- Provide human factors technical expertise on topics such as advanced user-interface technology development.
- Design cognitive aids, such as procedural storyboards for all user experience projects company-wide.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in a related discipline
- 1-3 years of designing experience with a strong emphasis on visual design detail
- A solid understanding of digital design and UX design – site architecture, functionality, interaction patterns and navigation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with a variety of software, including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, XD or similar), Sketch, Visual Studio Code, iMovie, etc.
- Experience with prototyping tools, including Marvel App, Invision App, Axure, etc.
- Knowledge of web/digital technologies (HTML and CSS)
- Knowledge of print design production and video production
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; meet deadlines and be flexible to changing priorities; ability to manage time
- Passion and curiosity for all things design, desire to stay current in the field; empathy to put themselves in the shoes of the user; meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to thoughtfully present and rationalize creative work