Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Do you want to help a rapidly ascending FinTech company drive its next phase of growth? If so, Avant is looking for you. We’re building a best-in-class marketing organization, and there’s a lot of opportunity to grow your skills and your career here. Come join us!
Avant is looking for an experienced Digital Designer who’s ready to help execute a new look, feel, and appeal of Avant’s digital products. Avant is on a mission to provide access to fair and transparent credit to customers who typically get left behind by banks. We’re launching a whole new suite of products aimed at helping the underserved and underbanked get access to best-in-class financial services experiences. Reporting to the Head of Creative Services, this person will be a key part of the team, designing mobile-first experiences, marketing assets, and all things digital, while working to define our visual brand identity and design system for our growing portfolio of products.
Remote candidates will be considered for this role.
What you will do at Avant
- Design for mobile-first experiences, both web and app
- Drive UX/UI design for new product and marketing experiences, from scoping biz requirements to testing and validation
- Consistently activate the Avant brand look/feel across designs and experiences
- Create key visuals and working prototypes of components, pages and sites
- Develop wireframes, storyboards, and flows to effectively communicate designs and conversion flows
- Support QA and UAT process to make sure features are implemented as intended
- Wear all the different designer hats to support senior designers with strategic initiatives: UX, graphic, email, illustration
Why you are a fit for Avant
- 2-4 years of work experience in design environment or related fields
- BA or equivalent in Graphic Design, Visual / Communication Design
- You are an Adobe wizard able to produce beautiful and effective visual assets (experience in Sketch, InVision, and Figma is a bonus)
- You have solid html and css skills, and you can easily speak the language of front end development
- You understand the complex interplay between design and content in digital experiences
- Your written and verbal communication skills are top-notch
- You get that new insights can mean new direction, and you’re flexible enough to adapt
- Solid understanding of grid systems and typography
- Passion for producing exceptionally high-quality visual solutions
- An enthusiastic, take-charge attitude, coupled with a desire to learn
- Bonus: experience with motion graphics, animation, and visual/audio production
- Bonus: illustration and asset development skills
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.