About the Role
We are looking for a Digital Product Designer for our Managed Portfolios group. This multi-talented individual will be involved in all parts of the design process: concept development, creative visualization, user research and testing, UX writing, system design, and prototyping. This person will work within a cross-functional, global team developing software for financial professionals. We seek a curious, entrepreneurial designer who loves the challenges of elegantly simplifying complex data, translating user needs into intuitive, rewarding interactions, and beautifully expressing our brand.
You’ll be great at:
• Providing inspired solutions for complex navigation and information hierarchy challenges at a system level while also creating an elegant user-facing experience.
• Making bold design concepts and experiments that challenge conventional thinking and inspire our business and customers to be the best they can be.
• Testing your designs and experiments with our users – financial advisors and investors – in order to continuously improve the usability and desirability of our products.
• Documenting your best-loved and tested ideas in rigorous functional detail.
• Using design thinking methods expertly in day-to-day work, including collaborating with the team to successfully incorporate these methods into an Agile process.
• Making expert-level visual decisions around typography, composition, color, and data visualization.
• Producing all artifacts needed to visualize, communicate, and test product design direction —including task flows, wireframes, low-fidelity prototypes, and high-fidelity comps.
• Collaborating with your teammates on decisions around information structure, relationships, and strategy.
• Promoting the values and methods of design thinking to solve user needs and realize business goals while also supporting our design culture.
• Identifying connections between products and communication channels
• Partnering with product and engineering teams to support the end-to-end vision of the product.
• Collaborating with an international team to perfect a global product for a global user base
• Promoting open discussion of new ideas, tough issues, and contrasting points of view.
You’ll also do things like:
• Advocate for quality design and demonstrate the value of doing it right.
• Demonstrate skillful stakeholder management, including managing expectations and obtaining agreement on key objectives.
• Continuously strive to find better ways of doing things.
• Edit and generate clear and concise labels, prompts, and other messaging copy that guides the user and meets business needs.
• Collaborate with the product managers and engineers to make sound product decisions.
• Be proficient in core research skills, such as interviewing, analysis, and reporting techniques, and execute common types of user research with minimal guidance and supervision.
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least 3 years professional experience designing for software, web and/or digital products.
• Strong knowledge of Sketch, Invision, Microsoft Office Suite, and Mac OS X
• Knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Experience working with Design Systems
• Financial industry experience, particularly with financial advisors or managed account platforms
• Degree in a field related to human-computer interaction, design, library sciences, psychology, or communication