Director of Clinic Design at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As part of achieving this goal, as a Director of Clinic Design at our organization you will oversee all aesthetic and design aspects for Village Medical locations nationally to ensure consistency and optimize patient and provider experience.
Integral to our Village Medical team, the Director of Clinic Design will handle a wide variety of projects to support and improve the organization’s physical aesthetic. As our organization continues to grow, this role offers the opportunity to explore specialty areas such as vendor relations, real estate, or business development depending on your interests. As a new member of our team, you’ll initially be responsible for optimizing patient and provider experience and ensuring our clinics maintain a consistent look and feel across all markets.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be managing as a Director of Clinic Design at VillageMD?
- Continually refine Village Medical fit and finishes, working with external design consultants as needed
- Identify ways to reduce per-clinic cost without sacrificing aesthetic
- Evaluating existing vendors (furniture, signage, millwork, etc.) to ensure we’re working with optimal partners
- Evaluate and source new vendors as needed
- Oversee the research of finish and material selection; facilitate interior design presentation documentation (rendered plans, elevations, 3D visuals, finish and furniture plans)
What will make you successful here?
- Personal initiative: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously with limited direction.
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes.
- Analytical: strong research, writing, analytical and critical reasoning skills.
- Flexible: able to navigate within ambiguity; solution-oriented.
- Communication: distills complex, technical topics articulately to a nontechnical audience.
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and results.
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful.
What you might do in your first year:
- Evaluate and refine current fit and finishes
- Assess current vendors and make recommendations for new vendors as necessary
- Partner with external design consultants
- Streamline per-clinic ordering process and communication
- Standardize pre-opening timelines
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 10+ years of applicable experience
- Strong conceptual design and schematic design skills
- Understanding of branding and branded interiors
- Knowledge of all aspects of interior design
- Experience in AutoCAD and Revit; knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Sketchup
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area of study (architecture, business administration, design field, etc.)
- NCIDQ Certificate holder