Director, Curriculum Strategy and Design at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
The Solutions Enablement team is accountable for ensuring ServiceNow’s field-facing teams have the goals, competencies, product knowledge, and skills needed to represent the company, enable the customer conversation, and ensure customer success.
We create role-based learning journeys that create approachable and engaging learning experiences and result in higher learning adoption and impact.
The Director, Curriculum Strategy and Design is responsible for the solutions enablement strategies that support our field (sales, solution consulting, support roles) learners. This position will demonstrate the ability to design and curate a world-class training curricula, content and programming based on current curricula development methodologies and adult learning theories. Candidates must be well versed in problem identification, needs and learner analysis, educational strategies, curriculum strategies and requirements scoping, adult learning theory, implementation strategies and effective evaluation and feedback methods and analysis.
This senior role will oversee and manage a team of Curriculum Strategists (CS) and Curriculum Designers (CD). Since the CS function is immediate post-intake of enablement needs from field stakeholders, this is a critical role to the success of enablement. The CD role is very much reliant on the intake and scoping exercise, and the teams collaborate heavily on translation between needs and learning output.
What you get to do in this role:
- You will collaborate and strategize with Enablement team members, internal business partners, subject matter experts (SMEs), stakeholders, and leadership to design, develop, test, launch and evaluate training plans, curricula, and content.
- You will provide direction, oversight, and management of enablement initiatives, working in a highly consultative mode – being an expert in enablement strategies across multiple job roles
- You will analyze training needs and requests and recommend the appropriate learning solutions.
- You will effectively maintain a constant flow of enablement workstreams that enable responsive and proactive team engagement and ensure that all enablement programs and projects for these functions move positively forward.
- You will scope out learner requirements, create enablement plans based on needs and roles, and make consultative recommendations in terms of format, mode, and timing.
- You will create Bill of Material (BOM) lists from the scope documents, which represent the physical deliverables that will be drafted and produced in support of the requirements.
- You will incorporate a variety of learning delivery methods including classroom, virtual instructor-led training, eLearning or on-demand, and blended learning content.
- You will use program management skills and tools to independently manage multiple small to medium scale projects from initiation through delivery.
- Leverage rapid, agile development techniques and processes to work with the content Design and Development team to create content for a rapidly changing environment.
- You will strive to continually innovate the learning experience, always engineering enablement output based on feedback and changes in hiring practices and/or market conditions.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Ability to apply strong working knowledge of modern Curriculum Strategy and Instructional Design methodologies, Adult Learning theories, and a strong understanding of modern Curriculum Development tools and strategies.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team with a flexible work style (matrix environment).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. This includes skill in collaborating with subject matter experts and managers to help write, design, develop projects.
- Great program management and project management skills.
- Great presentation skills.
- Experience working with multiple Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Strong understanding and application of role-based learning development plans, rostering and assignment, and tracking/analysis of completions and learner engagement.
- 8+ years’ experience in a management capacity within a learning or enablement role.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.