Director of Product Design and UX Research at Reverb
Reverb is the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
We believe that music makes the world a better place, which is why our mission is to make the world more musical. Sales on Reverb help support Reverb Gives , which provides youth music education programs across the world with instruments they need to make music.
Reverb's Product Development organization works in cross-functional teams to craft customer-focused improvements and transformative new experiences in our marketplace. Product Design is at the heart of our process, ensuring that our work reflects a deep understanding of our buyers and sellers and how they interact with Reverb. As the leader of our entire Product Design and UX Research team, you'll play a critical role in shaping how our organization builds amazing products for our customers.
This is a full-time role that is open to remote hires within multiple states as well as candidates local to Chicago, IL. For candidates who will work remotely visit this link for a list of approved locations.
- Mentor, coach, and grow your team of 10-15 UX Researchers, Product Designers, and Managers
- Develop a compelling product strategy and ensure successful execution, in partnership with cross-functional peers and leaders around the company
- Identify and build support for design practices and tools that enable our teams to deliver better products more effectively; break down barriers that interfere with your team's efforts to solve our most pressing customer problems
- Understand our overall business performance and company strategy, and ensure they can be clearly communicated to your team and translated into relevant product work
- Guide the development of a cohesive and high quality design experience throughout our product
- Significant design leadership experience, including demonstrated ability to lead and grow managers and senior-level contributors
- Experience deeply collaborating with product management and engineering leadership to achieve shared goals and align a large team around a compelling vision
- Deep familiarity with e-commerce products and an understanding of the buyer journey in that context; experience with a two-sided marketplace and the selling experience is a plus
- A history of building highly scaled product experiences, including both "green-field" efforts and optimizations, that solve real customer problems and create measurable business impact
- A track record of shaping how Design and Research teams work and interact with partners to drive greater results
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A generous PTO policy that includes vacation, sick/mental health days plus 11 paid holidays and two floating holidays.
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Paid sabbatical program
- Ways to give back to your community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We know that the impostor syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!