Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We offer financing to more customers than traditional credit and because of our values, we never charge hidden fees. Affirm is dedicated to changing the way consumer finance works, and we’re just getting started!
We're looking for a head of consumer design supporting our existing products and building the next generation of products. You have a breadth of product experience of conceptual designs, 0-1, and scale to growth with the passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better. You’re naturally curious about consumers' relationship with payments and money by seeking insights and data that can drive better outcomes for our users and Affirm. You’re opinionated about product direction down to the pixels and words, and are relentless about improving the experience.
You partner well with other experience design leadership including design, research and content to ensure cohesion across the design organization and help drive internal cultural change to champion our users.
This role will report to the VP of Design and Research.What you’ll do:
- Drive and lead the vision for our consumer experiences for Affirm
- Lead teams from complex and ambiguous situations to clarity and focus
- Support with prioritization of short term to long term results-oriented work that drives impact through high quality and successful execution across several product areas
- Partner closely with research, content, product management and engineering to identify opportunities to invest in for long term growth and innovation
- Hire and build a healthy team culture of highly talented designers
- Foster an inclusive environment to allow teams to thrive
- Leverage operational rigor for design: using principles, frameworks to support and guide your team for continuous growth of the function and the product.
- 10+ years combined experience in product/ux design focused roles
- 3+ years experience leadership experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership, including hiring and developing managers and individual contributors
- Track record of growing a strategic practice of design
- Strong eye for consumer executional craft with an obsession of design details with knowing how to make trade offs to get in market to learn
- Demonstrated ability of operational rigor to improve the culture of the team and cross functional partnerships.
- A demonstrated portfolio of you/your team working cross-functionally, thinking strategically across the experience and shipping successful in-app/web experiences in a fast-paced environment. (Required)
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.