Director of Product Design at Devbridge
We create powerful, beautiful and intuitive digital products. We don't blindly follow trends. We take our understanding of the latest technologies and build the best custom solutions for our enterprise clients. We’re big believers in collaboration across engineering, UX and product teams. We combine our individual expertise to solve complex challenges.
Devbridge is seeking a design leader who knows what it means to deliver results. We are a global product consultancy partnering with Fortune 5000 companies to create powerful, beautiful, and intuitive digital products. Our Secret Source™ is rooted in a collective desire to make great things, take ownership of our work, and seek mastery in our craft. We combine our collective expertise to solve complex challenges across businesses through technology, design, and product thinking.
The Director of Product Design sits within our Practice team, leaders of our key disciplines. They collaborate with leaders across their respective disciplines to define and deliver the ultimate client experience. While this role has no direct reports, it maintains an indirect relationship with the entire product design organization and serves as a point of support, escalation, and enablement across Devbridge.
- Scale the Product Design Practice, bringing quality beyond our breadth of services and depth of skillset.
- Identify and operationalize leading practices, documenting and iterating on offerings, and enabling delivery teams to tackle complex problems.
- You will set, deliver on, enable, and demonstrate results from the roadmap you develop for product design.
- Provide career development, coaching, and mentorship to our design teams
- Collaborate with Production Teams, Practice Teams, People Teams, and others to help our team members adopt better design practices.
- Represent the practice internally and with clients.
- Ensure a strong voice for Devbridge Product Design externally to the wider market
- Travel up to 30% of the time visiting our offices and client sites
A successful Director of Product Design understands and appreciates a full spectrum of skills, and seeks mastery in Product Design selectively and strategically.
- A product mindset and experience with design thinking.
- Experience working with global or multi-national product and engineering teams.
- Additional experience in areas like research, product metrics, service design, experience design, and designing for iterative software delivery.
- A track record of connecting design to business results through operational metrics, delivery team metrics, and product metrics.
- A software delivery background, with a history of building, scaling, growing, and adapting teams to changing market and industry conditions.
- Experience interviewing, mentoring, and coaching people; identifying and building career growth plans for talent.
- Experience in consulting and understand the unique challenges of product design within a consulting services business.
- Clear communication, facilitation, prioritization, and problem solving are key skills of a Practice Lead at Devbridge.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Four weeks paid vacation plus standard United States holidays
- 401(k) plan with immediate company match
- Family Leave benefit
- Health and wellness benefit and access to onsite gym
- Opportunities for professional development such as conferences, seminars and educational courses
- Team building events, Friday lunches, and stocked kitchen
- Employee referral program
This position is located in the River North neighborhood near downtown Chicago, IL. We have a hybrid working model requiring 3 days per week in the office and allowing for 2 days per week remote. This position may require travel up to 30%.
Devbridge is committed to providing equal employment opportunities available to all. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are critical to our success as a company, and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.