Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
If you’re a creative and innovative product design leader with a knack for solving tough problems with frictionless experiences, then we’d love to hear from you! Avant is building a best-in-class product design organization that’ll be instrumental in redefining our mobile app user experience, and with that, there’s a lot of opportunity to grow your skills and your career here. Avant is looking for an experienced Product Designer to build, manage and lead a team of talented designers to reimagine the look, feel, and usability of Avant’s digital products. Avant is on a mission to provide access to fair and transparent financial services to customers who typically get left behind by banks. Our portfolio of products is growing, so this person is key in defining our visual brand identity and design system used across the company.
Avant is looking for an experienced Product Designer to build, manage and lead a team of talented designers to reimagine the look, feel, and usability of Avant’s digital products. Avant is on a mission to provide access to fair and transparent financial services to customers who typically get left behind by banks. Our portfolio of products is growing, so this person is key in defining our visual brand identity and design system used across the company.
What you will do at Avant:
- Build, manage & learn from an inspiring product design team
- Lead design execution & allocation and orient team towards the most impactful work
- Contribute directly on high-level design, partnering with your team to define customer journeys
- Execute against the planned roadmap while driving the team toward the future with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Identify requirements, use cases, and user journeys in partnership with Product and Engineering
- Use both qualitative and quantitative insights to bring the voice of our customers into your work
- Gather feedback from your peers, cross-functional partners, and most of all our users
- Advocate for your designs by bringing a strong and informed point of view to cross-functional and leadership presentations.
- Develop standard UI components/patterns and style guides
- Support the QA and UAT process and work closely with engineers to make sure features are implemented as intended
- Develop wireframes, storyboards, and flows to effectively communicate designs and UX
- Design for mobile-first experiences, both web and app
Why you are fit for Avant:
- 10+ years of work experience in graphic / visual design environment or related fields
- At least 4+ years of experience leading a team of designers
- BA or equivalent in Graphic Design, Visual / Communication Design
- Experience working in a high-growth technology company is a plus
- Ability to build strong cross functional partnerships.
- Excellent communication and evangelization skills
- Experience managing a team through a successful new product
- Passion for producing exceptionally high-quality visual solutions using Sketch, Invision, and/or Figma
- Highly proficient with design tools (Sketch and/or Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop, etc.)
- You understand the complex interplay between design and content in digital experiences
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.