Director of Product Innovation - Learning & Development
Why Miller Heiman Group:
There is a good chance you already know the Miller Heiman name as one of the most well-known and respected brands in the sales and service training industry. But what you may not know is how we have reinvented ourselves and now we have set out to reinvent the industry.
At Miller Heiman Group, we have a proud legacy—built on a combination of the most experienced people in the business and the most trusted solutions in the market, built on historic brands such as Miller Heiman, Huthwaite, AchieveGlobal, Impact Learning Systems, and solutions like SPIN® Selling Conversations, Strategic Selling®, Professional Selling Skills®, and Conceptual Selling®. But innovation rules business today so we invite you to experience the bold, powerful and innovative NEW Miller Heiman Group. With newly designed solutions, technology that only we can deliver, and the world’s leading research on sales performance, you’ll see innovation in how we think, and how we drive profitable sales with our customers.
What Impact You Will Have:
You will be the architect of Miller Heiman Group’s approach for teaching, learning and sustaining improved performance for thousands of clients across our broad portfolio of training programs. You will structure and lead a high-performing team of innovative instructional designers, learning technology experts, and content designers who create and maintain the products we sell our clients.
A Day in the Life:
- You will become familiar with the broad portfolio of training programs that are part of the Miller Heiman Group Portfolio and make recommendations for how this content could be imagined and delivered in innovative new ways that create jaw-dropping experiences for enterprise sales and service teams who are our learners.
- You will stay current on industry trends and leading technologies in learning and have a burning desire to bring about transformation.
- You will assess the current portfolio of learning technology in use and make recommendations for consolidating into a world class approach for creating powerful, personalized user experiences.
- You will bring a creative, pragmatic approach to apply modern adult learning techniques to the current context of how corporate professionals (particularly sales and service professionals) learn and how behavior change is effectively sustained in organizations.
- You will influence team of instructional designers to enthusiastically research and experiment with emerging classroom and online learning technologies
- You will establish an approach for continuous monitoring feedback from customers about our learning programs and drive that market perspective into a roadmap for improvement of the solutions.
- You will establish a rigorous, analytical approach to customer evaluations and learner assessments to demonstrate to buyers a powerful return on investment.
- You will structure project teams and project plans to execute the creation of new products, the update of existing products, and the expansion or restructuring of learning programs to execute projects on time, on budget, and with the highest quality.
- You will lead a team of instructional designers, learning technology experts, writers, and content designers.
- You will establish constructive relationships with an ecosystem of external vendors who can partner with our internal team to develop new solutions
- You will work closely with the sales team, the customer support team, the training delivery team, and the product management team to ensure our solutions meet market needs, beat competition, and deliver unparalleled customer value.
What You'll Need:
- You have 7-10 years of product development experience
- You have 3+ years of experience in designing and developing blended, virtual and online training programs
- You have experience working directly with/for Learning and Development leaders at large organizations and a deep understanding of the current priorities and challenges for Learning and Development organizations
- You have a bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
- You have experience working in a hands on fashion with a variety of learning management systems, learning technology platforms, and content management systems.
- You have experience managing experts in instructional design and content authoring programs, specifically, Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Elucidat, iSpring, GoAnimate, Indesign.
- You have experience in creating online courses, mobile courses, microlearning experiences, and converting classroom or blended courses to an online environment
- You have the willingness to travel frequently to engage with clients, attend industry conferences, and work with Miller Heiman Group teams located in various cities globally.
- You have strong project management skills with ability to estimate level of effort, timeline, and project cost as well as design project teams with the right skills and capacity to execute projects superbly.
- Experience in classroom facilitation for adult learners in a business environment would be nice
- It would be nice if you have expert knowledge of current and emerging technologies which can be applied to instructional design such knowledge of streaming audio and video, podcasting, mobile applications, social media and other Web 2.0 tools.