Director of User Experience
Role & Responsibilities
- Present, oversee and occasionally produce UX deliverables including sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, experience strategy documentation, process flows etc.
- Facilitate and oversee discovery activities such as design workshops, stakeholder interviews, accessibility audits, expert reviews, competitive reviews, etc.
- Oversee user research activities such as user testing, persona development, and user journeys. Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams to create innovative, best-in-class, customer-centric solutions
- Contribute to the establishment of experience design standards, deliverables and methodologies within the organization
- Coach direct reports to set and work towards career goals
- Work with Experience Design leads to staff projects
- Support business development through estimation, solutioning, and high level staffing plans.
- Support project manager to schedule UX activities and deliverables within a project.
- Stay informed of UX best practices, trends, tools, and participate in the local UX community
- Contribute to our culture and atmosphere, quality of work, and growth into the next generation of user experience designers
- Develop subject matter expertise within a facet of User Experience
- Work with senior leadership to lead, develop, and grow the Experience Design team
- BS/BA in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
Requirements: Work Experience
- At least 6 years of experience as a UX professional
- At least 3 years experience mentoring and managing a team of direct reports
- Experience in estimating, planning, and staffing project work
- Ability to lead engagements to provide a strong voice for UX within blended teams
- Background in mobile design
- Experience presenting work to clients, facilitating workshops and conducting stakeholder interviews
- Experience in leading user research and testing, including planning, creation and moderation
- Strong background in human factors, information architecture, and user-centered design methodology
- Ability to create wireframes, sitemaps, navigation flows, user journeys, process flows, interaction design, and specs
- Understanding of responsive design, accessibility issues, and Agile methodology
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Consulting/Agency experience is a plus
Requirements: Tools & Software
- In depth knowledge of design and presentation software, specifically: Sketch, InVision, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office products
Requirements: Communication Skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationshipsExcellent listener with a passion for user experience
You have the freedom to influence your own career path. We give our team members not only state-of-the-art facilities to execute web and mobile experiences for some of the greatest brands in the world, but people love working here. And we love having them!