Email Design Specialist
- Job Description:
Who we are:
Guaranteed Rate is one of the ten largest retail mortgage lenders in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,100 employees in 175 offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $65 billion in home purchase loans and refinances since 2000.
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We are young, have tons of energy and our location rocks – right off the brown line. No really, the train rumbles past our windows. Our home base is an old textile building that’s been turned into a hip office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer and an open floor plan – no cubicle life here. There are a few offices, but we totally outnumber the office dwellers. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Free 20 minute monthly massages. It’s true, we don’t want you to be a cramped-up mess.
- A free on-site nurse. Psshh who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all? Did we mention the free part?
- An in-house café offering breakfast, lunch and a late afternoon healthy snack. All meals are subsidized so you’ll never pay full price.
- Access to the office gym for only $20 a year – no really - the whole year. Oh and for a puny fee you can take yoga, Cross Fit or boxing. We like our folks healthy and happy.
- A 5,000 square foot rooftop deck that’s available to everyone all day and all evening with wifi, two bars, music, grills and fun umbrellas and fire pits – provided it’s not covered in snow.
- Holiday parties? We got’em! Not just major holidays, any holiday….Marti Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day (for our Canadian employee), Sweetest Day, Groundhog Day, etc..
- Inter-office contests like the Great Mac-Off, Chili Cook-Off and limbo. We always keep you guessing and participating.
- 401k with some matching, Blue Cross health care coverage – yup, dental and vision too, short-term disability, life insurance – we got ya covered on this one, legal assistance – for a small monthly fee and did we mention the awesome rooftop deck?
While we don’t allow jeans, we also don’t allow suits. We want you to just look your best every day and you’ll fit right in.
As a member of Guaranteed Rate’s design team, the Email Design Specialist is responsible for prioritizing, designing and executing projects in support of sales and marketing. Our ideal candidate comes with strong design email coding experience and has an understanding of coding best practices to ensure maximum deliverability across email clients; has experience with general marketing practices; and likes to collaborate within a larger team to build beautiful and EFFECTIVE emails. You must be interested in developing and learning new techniques to provide unique solutions for our internal and external clients and capable of delivering accurate and creative work efficiently.
- Creating e-mail marketing templates and custom pieces, for one-offs and campaigns
- Bringing creativity and innovation to existing email practices and materials
- Ensuring that all email marketing materials consistently present the Guaranteed Rate brands
- Keep up-to-date on current design and coding methodologies and marketing trends
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Design experience in a corporate or agency setting
- Experience coding emails, preferably for marketing purposes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of HTML/ CSS and best practices as applicable specifically to email
- Knowledge of responsive coding for email and mobile-first methodologies
- Knowledge of Dreamweaver, Sublime Text or other code-writing software
- Knowledge of third-party email testing software, such as Litmus and Email on Acid
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop; Illustrator and InDesign a plus
- Strong organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.